Key Bank Loan refinancing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

joepilot29

Just curious if anyone has been able to refinance their key loan. I have been on the graduated payment plan for the last 2 years and now my payments are going back up.

I don't have any experience with a student loan...but I had a car financed through Key Bank.

They were by far the most difficult people in the world to work with. I hated every month my loan was with them. Their customer service people were the most hateful people I have ever talked with. And apparently their behavior was encouraged from their supervisors. Everytime I called, I felt like I was talking with a teenager.

I eventually took out another loan to pay it off and get away from key bank. It took me 2 weeks and about 20 phone calls to get a pay amount.

If you find a way please let us all know. I have actually thought of paying it off with a balance transfer on my credit card. The intrest rate would be less. I decided to hold off because we are buying our first house soon and I plan to roll it into the house when I refinance in a couple of years. Come on good appraisal.....

No luck here either. I heard something about some guys down at Ariben in Ft Pierce who were able to refinance their loans but i'm not sure if theres any truth to that or not.

Something more to add: Isn't it sad that aviation student loans are not considred "healthy debt" because of the insane interest rates and lack of "working with you." Is there any truth to Key Bank no longer doing aviation loans?

"Is there any truth to Key Bank no longer doing aviation loans?"

They are still doing loans for flight schools that are accredited and eligible for Title IV funding. If a flight school does not have any of these, then it is impossible to get any good financing exept through Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae is the only bank willing to lend money to schools that are not accredited.

I have not found anything either. That daily compounded interest is killing me. I had to postpone my payments a few times, but that just made future payments worst. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back