Kelliher's Strategy for Repeal of the WA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No...

Bottomturd...proof that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

lowecur said:
Why postpone section 6 if everything is going great? I'll tell you why, mgt is willing to keep the status quo until they have a better handle on where they are going to put all the excess capacity they will be generating. Gary hopes that either UAIR or UAL will be history in the next 12 months, and that will solve his problem of where to put all the new planes. A worst case scenerio would be a reduction of capacity through consolidation. If it's consolidation then there will be an orderly reduction in capacity and most of the other LCCs will then be able to compete for routes and gate space as it becomes available. Could you work without a contract? The FA's did for 2 years, but SWA was making money on operations back then.

2006 could bring consolidation only, and if that happens then SWA will be unable to offset an annual loss on operations with fuel hedging......hence concessions.

But you predicted givebacks and an adversarial relationship. Instead the CEO comes to SWAPA and offers to put of the opener? Personally I consider it a gift. I think SWA did it because they know that any contract they got would be as short as we could make it, and the situation in the industry is moving too fast to try nd determine what would be fair for both parties. None the less GK kind of had us by te short hairs and then let go. That has won him a lot of goddwill. I'm afraid you'll have to count this as another prediction gone sour. Lets revive this thread in 2006 and see if your 2006 prediction comes true. I'll bet you your next latte that (baring something catestrophic) no givebacks. If there is something catestrophic the givebacks will be voluntary and no adversarial relationship.

ivauir said:
But you predicted givebacks and an adversarial relationship. Postponing the inevitable does not mean that there won't be givebacks and an adversarial relationship. Instead the CEO comes to SWAPA and offers to put off the opener? Personally I consider it a gift. And well you should. I think SWA did it because they know that any contract they got would be as short as we could make it, and the situation in the industry is moving too fast to try nd determine what would be fair for both parties. Pure genius. None the less GK kind of had us by te short hairs and then let go. No, he's still holding that one short one attached to your gonads. That has won him a lot of goddwill. Till it's time to deal. I'm afraid you'll have to count this as another prediction gone sour. OK, I hope you're keeping score. Lets revive this thread in 2006 and see if your 2006 prediction comes true. I'll bet you your next latte that (baring something catestrophic) no givebacks. OK! If there is something catestrophic the givebacks will be voluntary and no adversarial relationship.
This I gotta see.:)

Latest resources

Back