• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Keep the Faith

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just an existential observation; pretty remarkable how quickly NJA went from being THE place so many regional pukes or freight dogs wanted. Heck, I remember hearing stories of guys leaving legacies to go there (granted, they were junior). And now look at it. Infighting, weak-d*ck 'union', totally incompetent and greedy mgmt. Soon you'll overhear NJA guys asking flight options guys in FBOs how they can get on with them...

Amazing the difference 5 or 6 yrs make. And the recession effects are moot now since they've come back seemingly stronger than ever financially---just chose to strongly diverge from the employee-friendly RTS style.

Last edited:
Haven't heard a single word from the company since the furlough. The "union" hasn't extended an olive branch to the group in hopes of winning some of us back. Actually quite the contrary with floating false rumors and otherwise acting like a bunch of punks.
I think we will know when recalls are imminent when the company and union start acting civil again. I'm not seeing it right now.

TMC and EJM are where the growth seems to be right now. Wonder why?

No rumor. December 13 the new staffing plan was presented to the chief. What he does with it, though, is another thing entirely. All I know is we need more bodies.

As long as the gentleman keeping track of Selloffs had nothing to do with said presentation, we might have a shot!

NJA will recall when either:

1) They have an increase in a/c demanding more pilots

2) The costs of selling off outweigh the costs of having more core a/c and pilots. (customer service is not this EMT's strong suite. They don't care about sticking an owner on "Hank's Charter Service"

3) Fatigue/sick calls become to huge to maintain current staffing numbers (in reality not likely to happen)

4) enough guys retire/leave for greener pastures (which just means NJA QOL sucks and is not a career destination)

They are not going to recall because a few pilots are working longer duty days, or fly 50 hrs more this year than last etc etc...

It is all about a/c numbers and pilot ratios... Hopefully the NJA EMT is not intentionally trying to keep NJA a fixed size

The "union" hasn't extended an olive branch to the group in hopes of winning some of us back.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. This EBoard obviously has no problem ignoring, pissing off, and offending big chunks of the active memberhip too...

Most of the rank and file are concerned for you and want you back as soon as possible. The leadership? They seem more concerned with feathering their nest. Just like the last bunch. It must be something in the water in Gahanna.

I'm in this general area, right in here. Anything, below the stereo, and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtray, and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.

"See that. That's Sh*t. This is shinola. Your gonna be ok."

Best movie ever made!

Last edited:
Just an existential observation; pretty remarkable how quickly NJA went from being THE place so many regional pukes or freight dogs wanted. Heck, I remember hearing stories of guys leaving legacies to go there (granted, they were junior). And now look at it. Infighting, weak-d*ck 'union', totally incompetent and greedy mgmt. Soon you'll overhear NJA guys asking flight options guys in FBOs how they can get on with them?

Welcome to the new ceo greed driven fractional model. Don't think that will ever happen though. Atleast you guys are getting paid a livable salary. Our captain pay scale doesn't even touch your f/o scale. As the rest rules just became more stringent for the 121 carriers on Jan 04th the abuse runs rampant in the so called fractionals. I wish the FAA would wake up and realize the rules need to change for the fracs hiding under the 91/135 umbrella. These greedy fnin ceos are gonna get some people hurt. They think we are freaking robots that don't need sleep, exercise, or time to unwind. Starting to make life on reserve in the 121 world look desirable at this point.

Latest resources

Back