Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Just wonder how many carriers are working with FEMA and the Red Cross to help the storm victims evacuate. My company is and our schedulers were overwhelmed with volunteers to fly on their days off.

September 2005 (Newstream) -- FedEx delivers relief supplies to Houston on behalf of the American Red Cross to aid evacuees affected by Hurricane Katrina.

· A FedEx DC-10 aircraft arrived in Houston from Newark International Airport loaded with approximately 45 tons of supplies including 5,000 cots and a major supply of “comfort kits” which include shampoo, soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste. FedEx trucks delivered the supplies from Houston’s International Airport to the Houston Astrodome and Reliant Stadium.

· FedEx is donating facilities, manpower and the aircraft to transport the aid shipment.

biz.yahoo.com has the article of the relief flights..........

Last edited:
AA was one of the first in with a 757 out of DFW, shortly after the runway cleared. We brought in thousands of gallons of drinking water, and non-perishable snacks. The plane left full with airport workers from AA and other carriers, stranded pax, dog, cats, and even a ferret. Someone said it looked like Noah's ark.

I called this morning to get help trading around a trip and chatted for a minute, we have over 2000 pilots that are signed up to volunteer without pay to help fly in on any relief flghts. It is nice to see.

Good luck to all,

AA

jetblue is running flights out of MSY to Lackland airforce base with refugees. No lack of volunteers for relief flights.

AAflyer said:
The plane left full with airport workers from AA and other carriers, stranded pax, dog, cats, and even a ferret. Someone said it looked like Noah's ark.
AA

AA has my vote. SO glad to see that the animals are getting help too. Most people can help themselves and eachother. Pets cannot. Thank you, AA!

AStar/DHL is donating aircraft, crews, etc. and our Sen. VP Flight Ops, Gen. Ted Mallory (ret.) is the coordinator for the ATA relief operation.

Just waiting for em to pull the trigger on the mighty 8.

Prayers for all.

We flew an airplane in before the storm hit to evacuate our station personnel and their families (pets too!) and our passengers. As soon as MSY opened back up, we had airplanes come in with supplies and people and we are assisting with the airlift of evacuees out.

Good Job Guys!!!

My boss donated the use of our corp. jet to FEMA the day after the storm hit. We're on a list and standing-by. Glad to hear the airlines are stepping up. Thank You!

CHQ flew in a loaded E170 with supplies from a INDY grocery chain. Cool thing is that they allowed a MSY (PIC) native who has family there to fly it in. They took refugees to INDY.

Latest resources

Back