• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta/USA JET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey iaflyer I think you are putting too much into the conspiracy theory, we just got another background check from Kalitta on a USA Jet guy. Are you info the UFO's in Area 51 also? You also giving me too much credit you know I am just clerk and a score keeper.

pilotyip said:
Hey iaflyer I think you are putting too much into the conspiracy theory, we just got another background check from Kalitta on a USA Jet guy. Are you info the UFO's in Area 51 also? You also giving me too much credit you know I am just clerk and a score keeper.

So why did you make the comment earlier that your guys aren't qualified enough to be hired by Kalitta? That was just not very nice and definitely send the wrong message about what JUS management thinks about their pilots.

Hm. :cool:

Where is your sense of humor? just a little poke here and there. I never said USA Jet guys were not qualified and the record certainly proves differently. What I was saying as Kalitta become more well known they got more applications and many of these had better experience than guys flying "the light twins" across the field. The bottom line is the job became more competitive and pilots who were getting on before, now are not competitive. Story of aviation. And iaflyer knows me well enough that I would never stand in the way of someone bettering themselves, and I often write letters of recommendation and give phone interviews to prospective employers such as Jet Blue.

pilotyip said:
Where is your sense of humor? just a little poke here and there. I never said USA Jet guys were not qualified and the record certainly proves differently. What I was saying as Kalitta become more well known they got more applications and many of these had better experience than guys flying "the light twins" across the field. The bottom line is the job became more competitive and pilots who were getting on before, now are not competitive. Story of aviation. And iaflyer knows me well enough that I would never stand in the way of someone bettering themselves, and I often write letters of recommendation and give phone interviews to prospective employers such as Jet Blue.
My sense of humor doesn't extend to USA Jet's interference with the hiring process at other airlines. It's not a conspiracy theory or a "rumor I've heard". I have actually spoken to those -directly- involved in the hiring process over here, and they specifically said that certain people from JUS had called and asked for them to not hire JUS people.

You said that perhaps Kalitta was finding better candidates than USA Jet guys - with the clear implication that they were more qualified than JUS folks. Everette Howe and I just said if that's the case, why are they hiring B1900 drivers? DA-20 and DC-9 pilots are competing for those jobs - one would think that a some jet time would be better than some turboprop time when it came to flying a B747.

pilotyip said:
You also giving me too much credit you know I am just clerk and a score keeper.
Anyone who works at USA Jet or used to work there know that is far from the truth. You may not make the decisions, but you closely advise those that do.

I am just confirming information that others have heard so that those who want to made the jump know what they are up against.

iaflyer

PilotYip,

You need to say what you mean..and by all means..mean what you say. I've seen you post things that are taken as a negative when speaking about your guys. And then on the other hand you would have everyone believing that a USA Jet guy is one of the best trained pilots in the industry. You have and most likely will continue to have a great influence on those who make the decision to hire at USA Jet. So please spare us with the "I'm not management phrase". Because you insult our intelligence by asking us to believe that! You know as well as I do that each guy at USA Jet deserves the opportunity to move if they so desire. And yes, I know about the individual's paper work that has come across your desk. Just be sure your giving your guys a fair shake and don't allow things to become personal. I know you take great pride in the individuals you have hired in the past. I also know that you have great expectations for them. However, don't allow that to affect your better judgement. This flying business is complicated enough without having to wonder if there are other variables working against you. Enough said..!!

As posted before I have never stood in the way of someone bettering themselves. If approached on career moves, I will offer advice. I tell them that leaving USA Jet before you have a 1000 hours TJ PIC is probably not a good career move. I am intimately involved in the hiring of all pilots at USA Jet and consider our pilots some of best in the business. I almost approach them as shipmates in my squadron. Although I am sure there are a few who do not reciprocate the feelings. I have helped some our pilots get on an other airlines by personally contacting people I know at other airlines to give them a push. I did not know Kalitta big was hiring B-1900 drivers, maybe no one from USA Jet wants to work at Kalitta? Could that be?

Statement correction, a background check came in from Kalitta and the name of a former USA Jet pilot was very close to the name of a current USA Jet pilot. The lady who does the background checks assumed it was the current USA Jet pilot and told me "so and so just had a background check request from Kalitta" The misinformation did not get very far before she discovered it was not the same guy.

Why is JUS management hold'n freight doggies down from move'n on. That definately scores major un cool points. But the JUS crews I talk to on the road are cool dudes. Best of luck brothers.

pilotyip said:
maybe no one from USA Jet wants to work at Kalitta? Could that be?
Anything is possible, but I personally know of a couple that are trying to get an interview. They have decent time, just as good or better than the latest new hires.

iaflyer

Latest resources

Back