Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freight Dawg

What can Brown do for you
Whats up with you USA JET dudes not getting interviewed or hired Kalitta? I know some of your guys with more time and experience than my buds over there being told thanks but no thanks. Any truth to the rumor of your company preventing it. If so the Sh!t ain't cool, so much for EOE. Best of luck dudes I hope business picks up for you and you guys get your money back.

FD

I'm sure PilotYIP is behind it. If he can't fly a 747 he doesn't want anyone that he knows to be able to fly one too!

Why would anyone want to fly a 747 around the world? Been there done that in a Turbo prop. In the last year 5 USA pilots have been hired by Kalitta. 3 DC-9 Captains, 1 DA-20 Capt low time TJ PIC, and one DC-9 F/O no TJ PIC. I think Kalitta is getting more to chose from since last January and guys with Int'l and wide body time are now available.

bobs has got it right, F/O DA-20 to F/O DC-9

T-Gates said:
This must be new, I know of quite a few JUS guys making the jump to Kalitta...
Yes, a few >did< make the jump, but that door is closed now. I've been told by people involved in hiring that USA Jet asked KA to hold off on hiring JUS folks.

It happened a few months ago, but I think now USA Jet is worried that their 20%-25% paycut is going to cost them some people. Why stay when you can go somewhere else and upgrade to Captain in less than 1.5 years?

iaflyer

Could it be Kalitta found little airplane guys, you know "the light twins across the field" were not the same base training material as pilots with heavy experience and made a decision to stay away from little airplane guys?

pilotyip said:
Could it be Kalitta found little airplane guys, you know "the light twins across the field" were not the same base training material as pilots with heavy experience and made a decision to stay away from little airplane guys?

So why did they hire all those ex-great lakes 1900 drivers? Is that considered a heavy nowadays? ;)

Everett Howe said:
So why did they hire all those ex-great lakes 1900 drivers? Is that considered a heavy nowadays? ;)
That's exactly what I was going to say. I guess the "quality" product PilotYIP keep advertising that comes out of USA Jet is a fallacy.

It's interesting that the six people at KA from USA Jet all are flying the line and passed training as scheduled.

It's just a smokescreen from PilotYIP. For obivous reasons, JUS can't admit they are restricting their pilot's careers and preventing them from getting interviews.

iaflyer

Latest resources

Back