Kalitta in MEM?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

reospeedwagon

I was wondering why so many (five yesterday) Kalitta 747's and a few other contract cargo planes are in MEM being loaded with FedEx containers? I know it is Christmas shipping season but do you FedEx guys have a scope in your contract on the amount of contact flying that can be done by other carriers? Or is this a management ploy while you are in negotiations?

reospeedwagon said:
I was wondering why so many (five yesterday) Kalitta 747's and a few other contract cargo planes are in MEM being loaded with FedEx containers? I know it is Christmas shipping season but do you FedEx guys have a scope in your contract on the amount of contact flying that can be done by other carriers? Or is this a management ploy while you are in negotiations?

Has happened every December since I was hired in 2000. There are provisions in our contract for the company to use extra lift. Not exactly sure what the triggers are but it happens every peak season.

Supp Lift

November 15th through January 15th used to be the busiest time of the year covering fedex and UPS on the 74.

It is as needed. If they need 100 planes they will get them.. Fedex priority overnights deliver by 10:30AM.. Load em up and get her going

Yeah heard they were doing HNL. Something in our contract that outside contractors can't do the 48 states, so the contractors sometimes get some good flying. At least we got SJU back!

Now that....is nice!

Please do not let the avatar police get a hold of clickclick's gal......frikin work of art!

Last edited:
Little Bush and Smith are pals. Not Gannon/Guckert Pals but whenever there's spare govt; cash to be handed out and Halliburton is too busy, Fred gets some thrown his way. Why do you think the price of stamps is going up? It's expensive paying off your supporters.

I can't concentrate with Click's avatar staring me in the face. Your my hero if you're b*nging that.

Purpledog said:
I can't concentrate with Click's avatar staring me in the face. Your my hero if you're b*nging that.

Some where there is a guy (or girl) that is sick and tired of putting up with her crap.

ClickClick, is that Vida Guerra's ass?

Don't you FedEx guys use the old Blythville AFB over the Christmas rush? I thought I remembered seeing a bunch of FedEx containers there, along with the occasional widebody freighter.

Latest resources

Back