• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta in MEM?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...Bly is a FedEx driving training facility, and I also think it is used by FDX Ground.

maru657 said:
Little Bush and Smith are pals. Not Gannon/Guckert Pals but whenever there's spare govt; cash to be handed out and Halliburton is too busy, Fred gets some thrown his way. Why do you think the price of stamps is going up? It's expensive paying off your supporters.

How is this a political issue? Guess who also was one year removed from Fred at Yale? John Kerry. Fred's on record as saying he's "great friends" with both of the them. You think it'd be any different with JK in the WH? News flash: Green drives all. There is no difference when it comes to billions of ducats.

Laughing_Jakal said:
Please do not let the avatar police get a hold of clickclick's gal......frikin work of art!

It was wonderful while it lasted.

Now what were we talking about again?

Goose17

Fast Fredie, as a corporate entity bought a lot of political support with bribes, or campaign donations prior to the 2000 elections. This resulted in FedEx getting the US mail contract which they couldn't handle. The funny thing was, the govt; useing our tax dollars had to pay off the contracts of all of the carriers handeling it up untill then. After Fred and the boys found out they couldn't swing it, we paid once again for other contract carriers to fill in. Basically we paid for the same service three times.
A quote from one of the origanel members of ALPA, "WE worked for years and years to get the wages and working conditions of the US pilot group above that of the itinerant farm worker. And then they failed the IQ test and started thinking they were republicans."

reospeedwagon said:
I was wondering why so many (five yesterday) Kalitta 747's and a few other contract cargo planes are in MEM being loaded with FedEx containers? I
I just flew one of those B747s back from SJU this morning - it's excess USPS mail - no Express stuff at all that I could see.

As I've only been at Kalitta Air two years, those are the only years I know anything about. Same stuff last year. We fly from MEM to HNL (2 planes some days), ANC and SJU. Like someone said, it's only during the holidays time - it started for us right after Thanksgiving and goes until Christmas.

The loads have been light, but we figure each day we'll get more and more.

iaflyer

Latest resources

Back