• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Hiring - What's the Status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this recently? Maybe things have changed. Heck, back in the day they used to hire pilots right over the phone.

My friend is in the pool - no letter, email or phone call. They called 2 weeks after the interview to see what was happening and HR told them they were in the pool. Now sitting waiting for class date.

I realize everyone is basically flying the 18 day schedules, but which fleet will do more flying "on average?" Do you basically fly the same amount per month? Are the 400s primarily flying trunk routes while the 200s are flying more adhoc flights? Do they pay the same?

Also, why wouldn't current 200 FOs bid the 400 FO slots as new aircraft arrive? Is there a benefit to remaining on the 200 beyond escaping a potential seat lock with the new training?

I realize everyone is basically flying the 18 day schedules, but which fleet will do more flying "on average?" Do you basically fly the same amount per month? Are the 400s primarily flying trunk routes while the 200s are flying more adhoc flights? Do they pay the same?

Also, why wouldn't current 200 FOs bid the 400 FO slots as new aircraft arrive? Is there a benefit to remaining on the 200 beyond escaping a potential seat lock with the new training?

Guys are flying more on the classics for now. The 200s are doing most of the adhoc from what I have been told.

Training at Kalitta is no picnic. You have to work hard. Many people don't make it. It you fail two training events/line checks in two years the company can terminate you. That usually never happens but they have been known to make people permanent first officers.

There is no separate pay scales between the classic and 400.

Yeah, you'll fly more on the 200 for now anyway. The 400 is an easier job but I really like having an FE. Most guys are not bidding over to the 400 because:
1. They're gonna be able to hold 200 CA soon and there's a 18 mo seat lock when you change seats.

2. Most of our "10 percenters" are on the 400

we are only obligated for 17 days, some 400 trips are scheduled, but all for the most part is adhoc. what are trunk routes?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back