• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Email address to send a resume?

I would send a real (paper) resume directly to the Chief Pilots office at:

Attn: Paul Bishop
818 Willow Run Airport
Ypsilanti, MI 48198

You can also email a resume to:

[email protected]

Maybe a dumb question. Do you overnight in alot of the same places? Do you have alot of down time during trips? Or is it min rest and on to the next city? Just trying to get a feel for how your trips go. I understand they are all different but like I said just curious on the general way things go. Also how are the hotels that you stay.

Thanks again for all your answers.

Maybe a dumb question. Do you overnight in alot of the same places? Do you have alot of down time during trips? Or is it min rest and on to the next city? Just trying to get a feel for how your trips go. I understand they are all different but like I said just curious on the general way things go. Also how are the hotels that you stay.

Thanks again for all your answers.

Most of our layovers are at the same place. Liege, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Anchorage, etc..

As far as the layovers, it depends on how busy we are. I flew for a week not too long ago with nothing but min rest. That was pretty brutal but great for the paycheck. Most of the time you will get between 1 and 3 days on a layover. Every once in a while you might get a whole week somewhere. It all depends what is happening. This is a very fluid job. On one particular day a few years ago I was in EWR with a load going to Liege. Just before we pushed back the sat phone rang. It was ops telling us to dump the freight and go to LA. Yes, things can change that fast here. Makes life here interesting!

Just before we pushed back the sat phone rang. It was ops telling us to dump the freight and go to LA. Yes, things can change that fast here. Makes life here interesting!

That is pretty cool, seems like you guys always have 2 or 3 planes in JFK.

Most of our layovers are at the same place. Liege, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Anchorage, etc..

As far as the layovers, it depends on how busy we are. I flew for a week not too long ago with nothing but min rest. That was pretty brutal but great for the paycheck. Most of the time you will get between 1 and 3 days on a layover. Every once in a while you might get a whole week somewhere. It all depends what is happening. This is a very fluid job. On one particular day a few years ago I was in EWR with a load going to Liege. Just before we pushed back the sat phone rang. It was ops telling us to dump the freight and go to LA. Yes, things can change that fast here. Makes life here interesting!

Thanks for the information. Actually sounds fun Not the same thing over and over !!

We dumped the freight on the ramp one time in Amsterdam in the rain and hauled a$$ to Mexico City!! Very rare, but it can happen! There is the regular scheduled freight runs and then the Adhoc trips that could go anywhere in the world!

Thanks for the information. Actually sounds fun Not the same thing over and over !!

actually that is only the obvious flying, ask some classic guys.
he was only giving you the so-called norm.....

Rio de janeiro, Lima, Sydney, Delhi, Brussels, Amsterdam, and many more

actually that is only the obvious flying, ask some classic guys.
he was only giving you the so-called norm.....

Rio de janeiro, Lima, Sydney, Delhi, Brussels, Amsterdam, and many more

Yup.. hence the 'etc.'

It would take a while to list all the places we fly to. I did a trip to Moscow a few months ago. We only had a 11 hour rest period, but we still managed to check out Red Square.

If you work here you will see the world.

Yup.. hence the 'etc.'

It would take a while to list all the places we fly to. I did a trip to Moscow a few months ago. We only had a 11 hour rest period, but we still managed to check out Red Square.

If you work here you will see the world.

no sh!t sean

cant wait !

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back