• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't crash the sim during the interview, but I would guess it's still possible to get hired if you flew a solid hop but crashed on landing. Below 300' does not count.....

my apologies for being a bonehead. I actually just landed in LAS and had a message from Betty offering me a June 4 class!

I was completely thinking there was no more calls, that's what I get for assumimg anything.

I guess I didn't screw up the sim that bad then. or anything for that matter.

cool, I did it, I am leaving Jetblue!! my friends are going to freak out!! :)

One friend said he wanted to go into the Chief Pilots office with me when I tell I am leaving for Kalitta, awesome!

No offense to anyone of these comments....

believe me, I am stoked.

Thanks guys. see you guys in class, sweet!

Guam

Congrats Guam, I hope it's the right choice for you. There are several aspects of this job that are really unique and fun, and several that make this place a real craphole. Hopefully the good outweighs the bad and the negatives are not issues that really bother you. Welcome aboard. Lookin forward to seeing you out there.

Good luck to you Guam, I hope so to that Kalitta is right choice for you.
(I left Kalitta for jetBlue after 2 years, best move I ever did.)
fly safe

my apologies for being a bonehead. I actually just landed in LAS and had a message from Betty offering me a June 4 class!

I was completely thinking there was no more calls, that's what I get for assumimg anything.

I guess I didn't screw up the sim that bad then. or anything for that matter.

cool, I did it, I am leaving Jetblue!! my friends are going to freak out!! :)

One friend said he wanted to go into the Chief Pilots office with me when I tell I am leaving for Kalitta, awesome!

No offense to anyone of these comments....

believe me, I am stoked.

Thanks guys. see you guys in class, sweet!

Guam

Great job! Enjoy flying the whale - it should be a great experience. Plus, you don't have to leave the EFIS you have grown to love on the 320 - you will have some EFIS tubes on the 747 to guide you along. Not too bad! Other 747 Classic operators offer nothing but dials and switches and knobs (oh my!). Gotta have some glass.

Have fun seeing the world!

BTW, does Kalitta offer home basing or do you need to live near YIP?

Last edited:
It's pretty much home basing. Only have to commute twice a month. Once to and once leaving work. They pretty much always buy you a ticket. For a guy who likes long stretches off and hates commuting it's not a bad deal.

Latest resources

Back