• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air Interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I don't know if you want to take my advice. I was the turboprop guy who was flying overseas, and you can do much better than anything I suggest. That said, I remember seeing lots of brand new Canadairs flying around Africa with American pilots, all making well into the 6 figure range on two month on, one month off contracts. Also, with your SD3 types, you can get into the "weird" world of contracting pretty easily. There are jobs regularly posted for people with A320 and 737 types to go overseas with directpersonnel and other contractors.

I'm not saying you should take these gigs, but I am saying that you're far from being screwed.

My sim ride went well, and I was told so. Still, I knew I didn't stand a snowball's chance when I saw that I had, like, half the time of everyone else in the room. Disappointment is natural. We all experience it. There's no reason for despair, though. You're in a great position, and you're far from being down and out.

Thanks, I am far from down about this, just interested in a job there, but thanks anyway, so I am assuming you were not called either?

Nah. It was kinda funny. They were all happy with me after the sim, then I watched their faces slowly turn from smiles to frowns as I talked to them in the interview.

I draw a parallel between interviewing and meeting girls. When they like you, they like you regardless of how silly you behave. When they don't like you, there is no action or demeanor that will change their opinion. As long as you fall into the range of social norms, (wear clothes, bathe, etc.) some things are just dumb luck.

Again, with your type ratings and Airbus time, you have nothing to worry about. If you're willing to do some rotations abroad, you can even get rich. No worries, man.

well, the JetBlue guy didn't get the call(that's me)............I was totally into it.

oh well.
maybe flying the damn stick messed me up in the sim.

Perhaps they felt you weren't serious about leaving JetBlue. They probably get Kalitta pilots leaving for JetBlue and rarely the opposite. Personally, the Kalitta type of flying would be more appealing to me if I could just deal with the schedule.

Well, it probably wouldn't hurt to try again (maybe in 6 months?). That would certainly show them you are interested. Perhaps you could get some 747 sim time before the next interview as well if you think that would help.

Good luck!

Ya, Sim portion of the interview is definitely where it's at. You've obviously got the experince to work here. It's a shame things didn't go better for you. Best of luck with your search. BTW what's so bad about the JB gig? We have had a number of guys leave here for JB.

Nothing is "so bad" about it, just the same 4 days on 3 days off, etc. Commute 4 times, and worrying about getting on the plane, it all adds up really.

Would rather be gone for a chunk of days, with more time off at once, I would prefer that schedlue.

Ofcourse I have never flown like that. for me more interesting to do what you do.

Bitter sweet really. I've been off for the last 21 days. Can't think of too many jobs where that is possible. Flip side is, you might be gone for up to 34 days. Done that a time or two. It's a good way to get bitten by your own dog when you finally darken the doorway to your dusty house.

Latest resources

Back