• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen!!!!

G100driver said:
Or perhaps they will see the value in valuing their employee's ....:rolleyes:

Can I get a big AMEN from the congregation(sp?)!!!!!!

-The Honorable Right Rev. Rice
(okay so maybe I'm not that honorable)

Double the income?

Agreed!! You are in aviation and you are expected to better your position in life through hard work, experience and opportunity. Your only obligation is to give your employer adequite notice so he can get another pilot up to speed and keep him from sitting on the hard.

This should be coordinated with the new hire company as well. Because if you take care of the business of the business you will be viewed as a valued team player who will look out for the new company in the long run. Never burn bridges that you may find yourself crossing in the future.

However, make absolutely certain that you have the new job locked in and down on paper. Good hunting!!

aeronautic1 said:
However, make absolutely certain that you have the new job locked in and down on paper. Good hunting!!

I almost learned this one the hard way... I was very lucky..

You gotta go where the dinero is. I am leaving my current job for one that pays $35K more.

My current employer matched the offer from my new company. If they see the value now, why haven't they for the last 14 months?

Jump Pilot said:
You gotta go where the dinero is. I am leaving my current job for one that pays $35K more.

My current employer matched the offer from my new company. If they see the value now, why haven't they for the last 14 months?

Supply and demand. Simple as that. But to some extent, they must place some value on you, or they wouldn't have even matched the offer.

happy hunting

Hey simperfido, whats the picture on the evs of?

I can't help saying this, but, isn't that a bit shallow to just skip out on a company that paid for recurrent? I know recurrent is just business, and the other company is paying more. Just seems a bit harsh. What are you guys reasons for saying to just leave?

Duderino said:
Hey simperfido, whats the picture on the evs of?

I can't help saying this, but, isn't that a bit shallow to just skip out on a company that paid for recurrent? I know recurrent is just business, and the other company is paying more. Just seems a bit harsh. What are you guys reasons for saying to just leave?

duderino,
it is not evs. it is simply airshow and one of the external cameras displayed on one of cockpit screens.

no, i don't think it is shallow. it is just the way of the world we live in. believe me, the company won't treat you any different. "this aint no dress rehersal" -- the guy had a better deal! the days of "cradle to grave" loyalty have long since gone bye-bye.

fido

Last edited:
10 GRAND FOR RECCURENT?, What, a week of ground school and a sim ride?, What did training consist of?I understand this maybe 91 or 135 but geesh.

Duderino said:

Shallow??? I would not worry about it. Go where the money is. Lord knows that when company goes to sell the jet they could care less about your up and coming house payment.

Latest resources

Back