Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CA1900 said:
LOL, wouldn't know. I fly an efficient turboprop. :D :D :D
Yea, I hear ya. There could be a nuclear war and I'd still have to show up for work on Monday.

Gas won't hit $5 a gallon, it will peak at $3.50 or less.

jws717 said:
Fuel should be going up agian this week, CAT 5 rita is heading to the teaxs coast, the nations largest refinerys are already shutting down to prepare for the storm. estimate of fuel at 5$ a gal. I am afraid this will destoy the industry in a week.

Bloomberg :

Gasoline Falls as Hurricane Rita Weakens, Shifts Eastwards Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Gasoline fell in New York after Hurricane Rita weakened on its path toward Texas and shifted track away from the heart of the refining industry. Crude oil futures were little changed.

Rita's winds dropped to 145 mph from as high as 175 mph earlier, the National Hurricane Center said. The storm may make landfall between the northern coast of Texas and the west coast of Louisiana. Gasoline rose 4.2 percent yesterday as about 20 percent of U.S. refining capacity was shut in Texas.

``The track has been moving to the east, away from the really big refineries in the Houston area,'' said Kyle Cooper, an analyst with Citigroup Inc. in Houston. ``The storm is still serious.''

Gasoline for October delivery fell as much as 3.94 cents, or 1.8 percent, to $2.10 a gallon in after-hours electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange at 8:32 a.m. Sydney time.

jws717 said:
Fuel should be going up agian this week, CAT 5 rita is heading to the teaxs coast, the nations largest refinerys are already shutting down to prepare for the storm. estimate of fuel at 5$ a gal. I am afraid this will destoy the industry in a week.

!!!!EEEKKKK!!!! (in my best 1950's spookem flick chick scream)

Calm down there big fella....it is just another hurricane. Will gas go up? Yep.
Will the industry feel it? Yep.

But it's not like we were bombed by the Japanese in a surprise attack and are getting ready to spend the next 4 years in a World War in which 20 million people will die.

There are "OH Sh!t" moments in history and then there are just moments in history. This is more of a "Dang thats gonna smart at the gas pump" type of thing.

Although it does make me glad fall is here.......summer can get pricey mowing the lawn at 5 bucks a gallon!! (stupid gas hog riding mower.........) :)

KeroseneSnorter. . <snip>. . But it's not like we were bombed by the Japanese in a surprise attack and are getting ready to spend the next 4 years in a World War in which 20 million people will die.. . <snip>. . :)[/QUOTE said:
I thought that was the Germans. . .

Does anyone think that the surge in fuel prices may actually make avgas powered aircraft a little more popular again in the 135 world? Chartering that Conquest might seem a little pricey when you could do it in a 414 for less.

Not that I'm biased, what with my name being 100LL and all...

Also, I hear that in the general aircraft market, piston twins are VERY hard to sell and singles are increasing a little because of fuel prices. Anyone got any insight on this?

Last edited:
klhoard said:
I thought that was the Germans. . .

Please, Please, tell me that you are kidding!!??

Otherwise I will give Jay Leno a call and we can set you up on one of his "Jay Walking" spots and ask some history questions for a good giggle! :) :)

Latest resources

Back