• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

just wait till rita hits

jws717

registered abuser
Total Time
loads
Fuel should be going up agian this week, CAT 5 rita is heading to the teaxs coast, the nations largest refinerys are already shutting down to prepare for the storm. estimate of fuel at 5$ a gal. I am afraid this will destoy the industry in a week.

OPECJet

Total Time
It certainly won't help.

Gas prices here still haven't gone down from Katrina.

Hefe

Total Time
3000+
The sky is falling. Whatever are we to do?

C

Chuck Yogourt

I think I will have a beer and hope for the best. Here's to swimming with bow legged women. Bottoms up. Cheer cheer.

learflyer

Time to drill Congress!
Total Time
5000+
Sit back, relax, have a beer, and watch all the boneheads with 50 gas cans in the back of thier trucks fill them up!

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
learflyer said:
Sit back, relax, have a beer, and watch all the boneheads with 50 gas cans in the back of thier trucks fill them up!
I prefer to watch the boneheads driving trucks around town fill the gas-guzzling behemoths up. Hope that Excursion was worth it, lady. :D

Luke's Dad

Total Time
some
jws717 said:
Fuel should be going up agian this week, CAT 5 rita is heading to the teaxs coast, the nations largest refinerys are already shutting down to prepare for the storm. estimate of fuel at 5$ a gal. I am afraid this will destoy the industry in a week.
A novel concept that our airline braintrust leadership should take note. Fuel prices go up. Ticket prices go up...... I forgot NWA and DAL and the rest had the brilliant idea of bleeding others out of the industry.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
CA1900 said:
I prefer to watch the boneheads driving trucks around town fill the gas-guzzling behemoths up. Hope that Excursion was worth it, lady. :D
I prefer boneheads flying around in their CRJ 200 gas guzzlers. Hope that job is worth it.

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
miles otoole said:
I prefer boneheads flying around in their CRJ 200 gas guzzlers. Hope that job is worth it.
LOL, wouldn't know. I fly an efficient turboprop. :D :D :D

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
CA1900 said:
LOL, wouldn't know. I fly an efficient turboprop. :D :D :D
Yea, I hear ya. There could be a nuclear war and I'd still have to show up for work on Monday.

LAXSaabdude

Total Time
15K +
miles otoole said:
I prefer boneheads flying around in their CRJ 200 gas guzzlers.
'Cause it's soooo much more economical to fly 30-50 people around in a 737.

LAXSaabdude.

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
Gas won't hit $5 a gallon, it will peak at $3.50 or less.

erj-145mech

Total Time
Flying Illini said:
Gas won't hit $5 a gallon, it will peak at $3.50 or less.
Famous last words. Want to take a stab at jet fuel prices?

JimNtexas

Total Time
jws717 said:
Bloomberg :

Gasoline Falls as Hurricane Rita Weakens, Shifts Eastwards Sept. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Gasoline fell in New York after Hurricane Rita weakened on its path toward Texas and shifted track away from the heart of the refining industry. Crude oil futures were little changed.

Rita's winds dropped to 145 mph from as high as 175 mph earlier, the National Hurricane Center said. The storm may make landfall between the northern coast of Texas and the west coast of Louisiana. Gasoline rose 4.2 percent yesterday as about 20 percent of U.S. refining capacity was shut in Texas.

``The track has been moving to the east, away from the really big refineries in the Houston area,'' said Kyle Cooper, an analyst with Citigroup Inc. in Houston. ``The storm is still serious.''

Gasoline for October delivery fell as much as 3.94 cents, or 1.8 percent, to $2.10 a gallon in after-hours electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange at 8:32 a.m. Sydney time.

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Total Time
Miller
jws717 said:
!!!!EEEKKKK!!!! (in my best 1950's spookem flick chick scream)

Calm down there big fella....it is just another hurricane. Will gas go up? Yep.
Will the industry feel it? Yep.

But it's not like we were bombed by the Japanese in a surprise attack and are getting ready to spend the next 4 years in a World War in which 20 million people will die.

There are "OH Sh!t" moments in history and then there are just moments in history. This is more of a "Dang thats gonna smart at the gas pump" type of thing.

Although it does make me glad fall is here.......summer can get pricey mowing the lawn at 5 bucks a gallon!! (stupid gas hog riding mower.........) :)

klhoard

Total Time
32000+
KeroseneSnorter. . <snip>. . But it's not like we were bombed by the Japanese in a surprise attack and are getting ready to spend the next 4 years in a World War in which 20 million people will die.. . <snip>. . :)[/QUOTE said:
I thought that was the Germans. . .

100LL... Again!

youwantapieceofme??
Total Time
4000+
Does anyone think that the surge in fuel prices may actually make avgas powered aircraft a little more popular again in the 135 world? Chartering that Conquest might seem a little pricey when you could do it in a 414 for less.

Not that I'm biased, what with my name being 100LL and all...

Also, I hear that in the general aircraft market, piston twins are VERY hard to sell and singles are increasing a little because of fuel prices. Anyone got any insight on this?

Last edited:

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Total Time
Miller
klhoard said:
I thought that was the Germans. . .
Please, Please, tell me that you are kidding!!??

Otherwise I will give Jay Leno a call and we can set you up on one of his "Jay Walking" spots and ask some history questions for a good giggle! :) :)