Just the facts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Music,

One of the more reasonable AT posters here mentioned that he thinks somewhere between relative seniority and DOH would be the result (as per recent arbitrator decisions). All I can say is that the former AT FOs and CPs that are now SWA FOs would view this result as extremely contentious...as would many other SWA CPs and FOs...

You mean just about everyone at SWA would find this extremely contentious.

Music,

One of the more reasonable AT posters here mentioned that he thinks somewhere between relative seniority and DOH would be the result (as per recent arbitrator decisions). All I can say is that the former AT FOs and CPs that are now SWA FOs would view this result as extremely contentious...as would many other SWA CPs and FOs...

It doesnt matter what "former" AT guys who moved to SWA think. They quit and made a choice. Too bad.

OYS

Music,

My bad, I stand corrected. My point is, that each group is latching on to the most contentious bit of rumor/news and then running with it. None of this gets us anywhere. While I understand what type of SLI outcome would make the SW pilots upset, there is an equal and opposite outcome that would make the AT pilots upset. There is one HUGE difference however. I have yet to hear an AT pilot threaten to 'blow up' the culture (such as decertifying their own union because they didn't like what the arbitrators ruled), where I've read it time and time again as a threat toward the AT pilots.

Oh well, here's to dreaming that we'll all get along.

I have been through three mergers. None of them turned out the same. In all except one case everybody accepted the results after a relatively short mourning period. I remain optimistic. WN is too good of a company to willfully screw up just because you're not happy with your position on a list. The pay is good, the work rules among the best I have encountered. The people here are awesome, and management TRULY cares about it's employees. It's all good boys and girls, it's all good....

jonjaun, the truth is as a SWA pilot I did not care about Airtran before this was announced. They were competitors, for myself that has not changed. I do not speak for everyone, but from what I have read 6000 SWAPA pilots compared to 1600 Airtran pilots, and two Delta dipsticks all have an opinion about this. Most are looking out for themselves, it is human nature.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back