Just the facts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Music

I get so tired of reading about how what AirTran pilots "supposedly" said on here and how it's making it through each pilot group at SW/AirTran. The truth of the matter is that the only people talking relative seniority (or any specific SLI results, for that matter) are two Delta pilots. The rest of it are just defensive statements made by each other because of what we 'thought' we heard. So before any of us going spreading around what you thought you heard an AirTran pilot say about SLI, remember that it most likely came from two Delta guys.

Music, if you are tired go to sleep. Everything doesn't just happen on flightinfo. There is a lot of communication face to face, where pilots give their own opinions on the process. These statements are just as capable of fueling discussion. The biggest divide we have is the prospect of a junior date of hire being placed or expecting to be placed above a pilot with longer longevity. Like it or not, whatever side looks across the divide they see things from their perspective.

Tell that to your 2004 Captain that told me to my face he wasn't giving up his seat.

Not hating, just reporting.

Gup

Music, if you are tired go to sleep. Everything doesn't just happen on flightinfo. There is a lot of communication face to face, where pilots give their own opinions on the process. These statements are just as capable of fueling discussion. The biggest divide we have is the prospect of a junior date of hire being placed or expecting to be placed above a pilot with longer longevity. Like it or not, whatever side looks across the divide they see things from their perspective.

I'm not naive, of course pilots talk (everywhere, not just here). I made my statement based on the what perceives to be an 'incorrect' point of view regarding AirTran pilots here on FI. Of course I can't comment on what is being said everywhere else. What I can say however, is that what IS being reported is more than likely an over dramatization of the facts just for flame bait.

Tell that to your 2004 Captain that told me to my face he wasn't giving up his seat.

Gup

Gup,

You're one of the more even tempered SW guys on here regarding this issue. Regarding that 2004 Captain, all I can do is roll my eyes. Not that he can't feel the way he feels, but that he said that to you without any regard to the consequences. I don't know what's going to happen, but statements like that, I truly believe are the exception rather than the rule.

Gup
Did you tell him you weren't giving up your seat either? :)
I would have to guess that well over 50% of at CAs feel this way (not agreeing, just what i've seen).

Last edited:

Gup

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Whats he gonna do? When the list comes out... if he did lose his seat his options will include.... A. Retirement B. Sit in the right seat and complain.

When he said this to you did coffee come out of your nose?

Did you tell him you weren't giving up your seat either? :)

I told him I would lend him my Snap-On tool set so he could unbolt "his seat" and move it to the right side of the jet. :D (just kidding!)

Nice guy and we didn't go to blows. Agreed to disagree and let our unions do their job. I'd be lying though if I didn't tell you that I walked away wondering how disappointed one of us was going to be. ;) (not just kidding!) Hell, he was probably thinking the same thing! LOL!

Gup

Last edited:
Gup,

You're one of the more even tempered SW guys on here regarding this issue. Regarding that 2004 Captain, all I can do is roll my eyes. Not that he can't feel the way he feels, but that he said that to you without any regard to the consequences. I don't know what's going to happen, but statements like that, I truly believe are the exception rather than the rule.

We all need to be able to accept whatever SLI is final. I don't think you'll see an Arbitrator "bump" an existing CA out of his seat, however, in a negotiated settlement, it is hard to say what will pass muster with the two pilot groups.

Either way, we will all need to accept the outcome and move forward graciously.

Gup

LOL!, what did you expect him to say? Would you prefer, "boy golly, I just can't wait for your FO's to take my seat!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back