Just over 1000 where to go

OI812

Total Time
as an insructor meeting that magic 1000 number where is a good place now a days.
Mesaba - no
Pinicale - no
any info i can get would be great
i hate to say it but right now ill take what i can get, but what is my best option

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Why not just stay where you are and build more time, instead of just going someplace else for the heck of it!!!!

illeagle

Total Time
OI812 said:
as an insructor meeting that magic 1000 number where is a good place now a days.
Mesaba - no
Pinicale - no
i hate to say it but right now ill take what i can get, but what is my best option
where do you wanna be based/live?

viper548

Total Time
At 1000 hours you can't afford to be too picky. Commuting sucks, take whatever is closest to home or somewhere you want to move to

avl_pilot

Total Time
What?
I agree with say_again, just because you have 1000 hours doesn't mean you need to take the next airline job that comes your way. Just keep building time and analize where you would like to work/based, then go after those company's.

scotts

Total Time
8000+
OI812 said:
Mesaba - no
Pinicale - no
FWIW...

I noticed that you just registered in Sep.

You might want to spend some more time getting to know the content of the 100's of posts similar to yours that have innumerable replies answering the same question. This msg board has a wealth of good info. as well as a plethora of worthless posts. I'm gathering from your profile that you've been flying for maybe two years at most. As I'm sure you will see shortly, your eagerness to occupy an airline cockpit seat will draw many of the "worthless" category of replies.

Look over the board some more and I'm sure you'll get plenty of info to mull over.

Edit: Wow, I jsut posted this and already 5 people replied before I could!

Superpilot92

LONGCALL KING
Total Time
Dunno?
Back to school is where you should go. j/k its going to be hard to get on anywhere right now with the state of the industry. Its a great job but you may be limited in you options at least right now.

Good luck boss

BOHICAgain

I will miss you Daniel
Total Time
send as many resumes out to regionals as you can and someone will call you for an interviews... do as many as you can...alot to learn from different interviews...then if you get into different pools make your choice there.. good luck

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Let me get this straight, you got on the Flight Info board and asked us where to go?

CHQ is a winner - they are growing like kudzu and have the E170 which will be the airplane of the future.

Skywest and Express Jet ( Continental Express ) are also good bets.

Or go to Vegas and put your money on the black seven.

idoitupsidedown

Total Time
$Texas
Here's another question along this line...How does it look when someone (me)puts his resume in every way possible...email, fax, snail mail, online app....some companies have all 4 methods available. would i look desirerably eager(even though i cant spell), is it over the top do do all(and i mean like, all on the same day), or does it just look so annoying that im hurting my chances of getting a call. I figure, the more ways i get it in, the better, but thats an opinion from the cockpit of a skyhawk. any takers?

taters

Total Time
get part 135 current...you will definately have more options to think about.

SkyBoy1981

Bring a towel!
Total Time
~~~^~~~ said:
CHQ is a winner - they are growing like kudzu and have the E170 which will be the airplane of the future.
Wasn't the same thing said about the CRJ100 and E145ER when they came out? Now, a wopping 8 years later, they're all junk. :)

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
OI812 said:
Why do you want to take what you can get? How is the QOLwhere you are now?

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
OI812 said:
Mesaba - no
Pinicale - no
Continental is hiring, which is kind of funny since the news just said they were cutting back on flights.

CaravanMan

Drop eet like eet's hot
Total Time
Some
taters said:
get part 135 current...you will definately have more options to think about.
Yeeessss....come to freight....come to the "dark" side....it is your dessssstiny. :D

But seriously, get 200 more hours (and meet the other requirements: x/c, night, etc) and you'll become much more marketable. These days it seems that everyone thinks they HAVE to go to the regionals because they're gobbling everyone up. No offense to you RJ guys! There are more options out there once you hit the magic 1200. :) Good luck!

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
~~~^~~~ said:
Or go to Vegas and put your money on the black seven.
Now this is your safest bet!!:laugh: You have more of a guarantee making some $$$$$.

Swaayze

Total Time
Amazing.

1000 hours wouldn't even get me an interview for a job wiping a Saab FO's butt.

OI812

Total Time
Thanks for mostly good advice
reason for leaving im in a school with little growth un healthy work environment and probably wont be around long
but as far as where to live doesnt matter i can live anywhere and willing to comute as well
again thanks for the help