Just made a video..check it out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HOW DO YOU DO THAT!!
what kind of video camera allows you to record to your computer?
I need to get one.

i.e. Sony Mavica MV-CD500 does it among others. It records in 640x480 or lower. Does sound too. It is great. You can record around 4-5min with 640x480 onto the minidisk. I have done a few inflight recordings myself.

I think we need a video of "Random Chicks from Auburn"
what part of Florida do you live in now and why don't you goto Riddle?

I have video of me flying through an F 5 tornado. The wings were torn off and we have great footage of the center of the twister. Once we are in the center of the twister, the wind noise gets real quiet, but we ruin that moment with our high pitched screams. Watch as we helplessly fall earthward and land softly in a cotton field. I decided against background music to give the audience a feel for being there and living it through our screams of terror. Now if I can only figure out how to upload it.

Very cool!

Believe it or not, I actially miss flying a small 172 azround the pattern.

By the way... what software did you use to make that video?

Hey guys,
The camera i used was my Sony P52 digital camera..3.2MP. It also takes video with sound in mpg format. I then used Microsoft's Movie Maker 2.0 that came with my computer to compile the video.

To the guy above that commented about random chicks of auburn..ill try to see what i can do...we have some way hot chick pilots that fly here at AU. Finally i'm from Pensacola, but go to school full time up here. I wanted to go to a big college that did have a flight program but not that exclusively, hence why i didnt want to go to riddle.

generaltso said:
Sorry dude, but that is one of the most pathetic things I think I have ever seen. And just think, all the time you wasted making that video you could have used to come up with some ways to score some poon-tang.

haha dude i warned you, also my girlfriend is outta town for mothers day so i had free time ;)

sky37d said:
HOW DO YOU DO THAT!!
what kind of video camera allows you to record to your computer?
I need to get one.
You can also use an ordinary analog camcorder and buy a video capture card for your computer, which is what I did. I found one on ebay for about $15.

ILLINI
Believe it or not, I actially miss flying a small 172 azround the pattern.
I don't find that hard to believe!

USAFftrplt
I then used Microsoft's Movie Maker 2.0 that came with my computer to compile the video.
It comes with Win XP. I have tried to use that program as well, but it was so buggy, it was virtually unusable. I even upgraded to the beta version and it got worse! At least you had better luck. I'm still searching for a free program that can downloaded. Even if you can get WMM to work I think you have to use Microsoft's proprietary format anyway.

I was hoping you'd be a little more original, like maybe incorporate you pedaling down the street on your bicycle, and holding up your fist to a passing airliner!! Now that I think about it, you could do a pretty funny arse parody of all the stuff "Top Gun" has in it..............I'm waiting to see it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back