Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just in time for the holidays, no more 1,2,3, happy Thanksgiving...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what happened in ABQ?

Just announced by SWA hotel committee, SWA will no longer seek any form of reduced rate beverage deals like the 1, 2, 3. Seems we can thank the latest 2 or 3 fools who "pooped their pants", spoiling it for the other 20,000 folks who now have to wear diapers.

Thanks ABQ guy...

Discuss:

especially considering running out hedges
Here we go again! Another pilot thats has no clue about what he speaks of.

What ever happened to one being responsible for their actions.
Oh boy, I just ran over a kid on the way to work. It wasn't my fault, so I am going to sue the school district for having school start the same time as my job.

Last edited:
I can't believe no one said it yet........SWA's beer hedges have run out, they have to be in trouble!!

To be honest, given the current climate in the media, I can see managements concern if someone in the press decides to run with the fact that SWA negotiates cheap alcohol for it's crews on layovers. Combine that with the fact that one of SWA's strengths is productivity and they don't exactly have long layovers in the cities they stay in and you've a big story on a slow night of news.

I can't believe no one said it yet........SWA's beer hedges have run out, they have to be in trouble!!

To be honest, given the current climate in the media, I can see managements concern if someone in the press decides to run with the fact that SWA negotiates cheap alcohol for it's crews on layovers. Combine that with the fact that one of SWA's strengths is productivity and they don't exactly have long layovers in the cities they stay in and you've a big story on a slow night of news.

Actually, our productivity translates into more time on the layovers and less time appreciating the airport on a hub turn. An eight- to ten-hour duty day with 14-16 hrs at the hotel is the norm.

I hear what you guys are saying regarding the PR issue....it's just sad to see another cave-in to the CYA mentality that is ruining this country.

SWA grew 70% since 9/11. Because of the growth everybody was moving fast and they could keep the costs low.

It was great and every pilot told kids that they should become pilots and fly only at Southwest.

Now that the party is over the costs are climbing and a very natural thing takes place - a LCC becoming not that much of LCC any more, especially considering running out hedges.
I know one thing - it would really be frustrating to be junior for years with those young Captains not going anywhere..

Besides, with new leadership how long until the old 300's are replaced with brand new stretched RJ's flown for $20/hour Instructordudes at desperate regionals?

Good luck Southwest, we all have hard times, welcome to reality.

the reality is we have scope protection that does not allow any RJ flying by anyone other then a pilot on the SWA seniority list. The reality is we just recieved a pay raise plus retro. The reality is SWA is doing everything possible to keep people on the property including beeing over staffed by more then 250 pilots.
The reality is things are still really good here, actually they are great here.

Latest resources

Back