• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JUST IN ASA AND SW Pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all, ASA welcome to SkyWest. For some of you who have questions about the deal between DL/OO I would suggest reading the press release on Skywest.com.

For the ASA pilots who think that SkyWest will kick you to the curb, I doubt that you will be gone, I believe that SkyWest will try to keep most of you happy with out having a union. Please try to check with SkyWest.com for more press releases.

On Your Six said:
It will be a classic whipsaw negotiating strategy.

In my mind, it would be better to integrate seniority lists (maybe by % of top to bottom - i.e., I am at the 90th percentile at ASA and then I will be at the 90% at the combined companies) than to have two separate groups that can be whipped against the other to demand either compliance or lower wages - it COULD happen...

I am really sorry that in this kind of situation everyone cannot be made happy. If you are bought, the pilots at the airline that are buying yours should not be bumped down by you guys. Also, WTF can ALPA do (or would care for that matter) if Skywest isn't union. IMO, if Skywest votes for ALPA, they will just shoot themselves in the foot. Teamsters are useless. They need to form an in-house union...they have enough pilots. Keeping the 2 companies separate is the best option, IMO. Flame away but that is my opinion.

:cool: Capt...the problem with your theory is that if we did become ONE, we would be one BIG voice and have a lot more negotiating power. If we stay separated, they just continue to whipsaw and noone wins that game!

I like the % idea, that would keep everyone right where they deserve to be, but who knows! We shall see what happens next!

MetroSheriff said:
Hello and thank you to SkyWest. Here's one ASA person that is ecstatic about this. SkyWest is a far better company than ASA could ever hope to be. The thought that we will be run by an outfit that has done consistently well for 30 over the gaggle of boobs that are currently running ASA is very encouranging.

It will take some time but I think it will be great for both companys.

amen...i feel the same way

Major Metalhead said:
Good lord almighty...

Man there are some guys in here who should stop flying and go work for Dione Warwick and the Psychic Friends Network. Who the hell knows whats gonna happen, but quit the friggin doom and gloom talk.

Welcome aboard ASA, we are very happy to see you guys join us.

Thanks Major. Thats the kind of sentiment that will help us get this thing going on the right foot. We appreciate your welcome.

DrunkIrishman said:
All of the scope/successorship language in the world won't stop Skywest from doing what they want to do. The only chance ASA and Skywest pilots have at avoiding whipsaw is to come together now and demand onelist. ASA is nearing the end of contract talks and can be released to strike. Skywest has no contract that prevents them from striking (that I am aware of) if ASA struck. That is our collective leverage. If we unite as one, we stand a chance at fair and equitable treatment from management; if we stay divided, we will remain conquered.

Chill out dude....you sound paranoid....let it ride out for a bit and see what happens

capt. megadeth said:
I am really sorry that in this kind of situation everyone cannot be made happy. If you are bought, the pilots at the airline that are buying yours should not be bumped down by you guys. Also, WTF can ALPA do (or would care for that matter) if Skywest isn't union. IMO, if Skywest votes for ALPA, they will just shoot themselves in the foot. Teamsters are useless. They need to form an in-house union...they have enough pilots. Keeping the 2 companies separate is the best option, IMO. Flame away but that is my opinion.

I AGREE 100%

One seniority list is better immediately following the close of the transaction. Why wait a year for power grabs and bitter feelings? Who knows...we may like eachother. The Brady kids didn't like eachother at first.

In any case, welcome to Skywest. Can we get rid of the name tags now?

Latest resources

Back