• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JUST IN ASA AND SW Pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is not the "end all" to this situation. I really doubt they (ALPA) are going to come in and negotiate a higher pay scale in the current situation. I have been at SKYW for two years now and I dont miss that $87/ month check I had to write to ALPA from my prvious regional. SKYW is not perfect and neither is SAPA but its a good atmosphere.

What I have heard is that the seniority lists will not be merged for a year and that ASA captains will do very well when that happens. I have heard day for day with captains with present SKYW pilots not losing their % on the list. Meaning if you (SKYW pilots), are in the top 10% you would maintain that position.

Over the last 6 months I have heard nothing but complaining from ASA guys on this site. SKYW is a good company. Give it a chance. No one knows how it will end up so there is no use in complaining or guessing about it now. I do know that in the entire history of Skywest that they have 'Never' furloughed a pilot. And that includes the 3 other companies they have purchased in the past.

I wish all you ASA guys the best of luck and welcome aboard!

Hello and thank you to SkyWest. Here's one ASA person that is ecstatic about this. SkyWest is a far better company than ASA could ever hope to be. The thought that we will be run by an outfit that has done consistently well for 30 over the gaggle of boobs that are currently running ASA is very encouranging.

It will take some time but I think it will be great for both companys.

Scapegoat said:
ALPA is not the "end all" to this situation. I really doubt they (ALPA) are going to come in and negotiate a higher pay scale in the current situation. I have been at SKYW for two years now and I dont miss that $87/ month check I had to write to ALPA from my prvious regional. SKYW is not perfect and neither is SAPA but its a good atmosphere.

What I have heard is that the seniority lists will not be merged for a year and that ASA captains will do very well when that happens. I have heard day for day with captains with present SKYW pilots not losing their % on the list. Meaning if you (SKYW pilots), are in the top 10% you would maintain that position.

Over the last 6 months I have heard nothing but complaining from ASA guys on this site. SKYW is a good company. Give it a chance. No one knows how it will end up so there is no use in complaining or guessing about it now. I do know that in the entire history of Skywest that they have 'Never' furloughed a pilot. And that includes the 3 other companies they have purchased in the past.

I wish all you ASA guys the best of luck and welcome aboard!
Well,
As I said numerous time in an earlier post, ASA captains will lose the most. SKYW does not like employee longivity, so I will bet a pile of cash, that SKYW will offer the old "preferential interview" to ASA pilots. In the meantime those CR7 deliveries have Jerry and the mgmt kids licking their fiscal chops. Expect those future deliveries to be xferred to the employee group with the lowest costs.Watch out, when the pref interview is offered, run as fast as you can towards it, that is if you want a job as a new hire F/O. I hope you guys don't have to rely on luck for your futures, watch, plan and execute carefully. Beware, if you think SKYW mgmt is going to treat a union work group nicely think again, they think of unions as the anti-christ and will deal accordingly.
PBR

PBRstreetgang said:
Well,
As I said numerous time in an earlier post, ASA captains will lose the most. SKYW does not like employee longivity, so I will bet a pile of cash, that SKYW will offer the old "preferential interview" to ASA pilots. In the meantime those CR7 deliveries have Jerry and the mgmt kids licking their fiscal chops. Expect those future deliveries to be xferred to the employee group with the lowest costs.Watch out, when the pref interview is offered, run as fast as you can towards it, that is if you want a job as a new hire F/O. I hope you guys don't have to rely on luck for your futures, watch, plan and execute carefully. Beware, if you think SKYW mgmt is going to treat a union work group nicely think again, they think of unions as the anti-christ and will deal accordingly.
PBR

dissagree! skywest will treat asa as good as skywest , since it will be one company! I heard this from Jerry himself!

Scapegoat said:
SKYW is not perfect and neither is SAPA but its a good atmosphereQUOTE]

SkyWEst is a good company.

Don't start serving the SAPA Kool-Aid this early to our ASA brothers.

SAPA ARE MANAGEMENTS PUPPETS AND THE BROWN NOSER FAST TRACK TO A MANAGEMENT POSITION.

In 3 years 9/10 elected promise to get the pilots some new good deals.

There has been no progress other than the bonus program that was given back to us by management. SAPA would like to lay claim to this bonus. The pilots would rather had the rates split 50/70. There was no vote to negoitate. Our deal "brad an Ace" T/A expired 8 months ago now and we are still in a stall. Our non-union status has good and horrible repercussions.

Good lord almighty...

Man there are some guys in here who should stop flying and go work for Dione Warwick and the Psychic Friends Network. Who the hell knows whats gonna happen, but quit the friggin doom and gloom talk.

Welcome aboard ASA, we are very happy to see you guys join us.

Halo_RJdriver said:
Management at OO is going to keep ASA happy for the short run. They don't want any crazy striking or walk-outs for at least a year. If OO can unionize it would be good for both sides. At least it would protect ASA jobs from being filtered out. Keep dropping the Union cards at the lounges and wake up the fence sitters.

Again I don't understand why a union helps skywest... Sweet a fair integration... That helps ASA but not so much skywest.

All of the scope/successorship language in the world won't stop Skywest from doing what they want to do. The only chance ASA and Skywest pilots have at avoiding whipsaw is to come together now and demand onelist. ASA is nearing the end of contract talks and can be released to strike. Skywest has no contract that prevents them from striking (that I am aware of) if ASA struck. That is our collective leverage. If we unite as one, we stand a chance at fair and equitable treatment from management; if we stay divided, we will remain conquered.

CheckandSet said:
dissagree! skywest will treat asa as good as skywest , since it will be one company! I heard this from Jerry himself!
Yeah,
"Deal Brad an ace and you won't regret it", lets see, pref bid, bucket system reserve, forced CR7 flying bids, and no new work agreement for pay.Oh yeah the best part, an online policy manual, now when they chop stuff out and or insert stuff nobody notices, look how much they saved by not printing new manuals. Step back to the kool-aid dispenser, draw another frosty delight and proceede to brain freeze again.
PBR

"If we unite as one, we stand a chance at fair and equitable treatment from management; if we stay divided, we will remain conquered."

Great stuff here people....lets unite the troops......The longer we wait the worse off we all will be. ASA brings some great potential with future contract negoitaions.

Latest resources

Back