JUST IN ASA AND SW Pilot jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jimdandy

Ok is this a likely scenario.....ASA negotiates to get their contract finally and SW doesn't like it so they just slowly transfer the flying from ASA over to SW just as fast as they can train new hires.

Does ASA have any successorship language in their present contract? And if so would it even help = I mean SW could agree to give them a great contract and then slowly just destroy the company in the above scenario. No way will SW mGMT want to give any growth toward a Union.

I hope this scenario is not possible but it seems to make the most sense from a purely business standpoint.

Comments?????

That's exactly what will happen. Skywest will probably open a base in Atlanta eventually, maybe like next summer when all this quiets down. Probably increase the SLC base to move ASA pilots out of Atlanta and to divide and conquer and to make the ASA pilots think that they're not loosing anything and as ASA pilots leave, they won't be replaced and Skywest will take over the flying. As the ASA pilot group dwindles and doesn't have much say, and Skywest thinks that group isn't very effective at mounting any trouble, they'll either staple them to the bottom of Skywest pilot list or offer some type of intergration that isn't exceptable and there you go. ASA will cease to exist and ALPA once again shows just how ineffective it really is.

that stinks I hope ASA pilots can put something in their contract to protect them from this inevitability.

Not to be down on SW pilots but you know they Aren't going to try and protect them and you can't blame them either. Being non-union they don't have a say anyway.... So they will prosper lots just because they are non-union. Stinks

Management at OO is going to keep ASA happy for the short run. They don't want any crazy striking or walk-outs for at least a year. If OO can unionize it would be good for both sides. At least it would protect ASA jobs from being filtered out. Keep dropping the Union cards at the lounges and wake up the fence sitters.

Erlanger said:
That's exactly what will happen. Skywest will probably open a base in Atlanta eventually, maybe like next summer when all this quiets down. Probably increase the SLC base to move ASA pilots out of Atlanta and to divide and conquer and to make the ASA pilots think that they're not loosing anything and as ASA pilots leave, they won't be replaced and Skywest will take over the flying. As the ASA pilot group dwindles and doesn't have much say, and Skywest thinks that group isn't very effective at mounting any trouble, they'll either staple them to the bottom of Skywest pilot list or offer some type of intergration that isn't exceptable and there you go. ASA will cease to exist and ALPA once again shows just how ineffective it really is.

Not gonna happen!!!!!!!!

It will be a classic whipsaw negotiating strategy.

In my mind, it would be better to integrate seniority lists (maybe by % of top to bottom - i.e., I am at the 90th percentile at ASA and then I will be at the 90% at the combined companies) than to have two separate groups that can be whipped against the other to demand either compliance or lower wages - it COULD happen...

Latest resources

Back