• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Positions by Base Combined NWA/DAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on, you are being a wheenie. Hey, maybe we should allow all of the pilots who are under 65 that recently retired at 60 to come BACK to the airlines in their former positions, right? They may have to provide for their families...... Gimmee a break man! They didn't care about the guys ahead of them who left at 60.

Bye Bye--General Lee

There are actually cases where pilots have made bad choice after bad choice or have no life, and now are giving their golden years to an airline.

We have more than a few pilots at NWA who have 25 years of service, a huge pension waiting, and equity from the merger who still hang on, even though every pilot prior to them got out of their way at 60 giving them a great career. Very sad, to say the least.

Last edited:
Come on, you are being a wheenie. Hey, maybe we should allow all of the pilots who are under 65 that recently retired at 60 to come BACK to the airlines in their former positions, right? They may have to provide for their families...... Gimmee a break man! They didn't care about the guys ahead of them who left at 60.

Bye Bye--General Lee

So are you saying you will retire at 60?

Hard on everyone..... there is a difference between seeing your $3million investment portfolio go to $2million and receiving your 3rd notice of possilbe foreclosure due to an unanticipated airline furlough. The guy that turned 60 last December hit the lottery, the guy who turned 61 was booted..... Really, trying to rationalize the biggest screw job in this industry by one generation to the next is really shallow.
It is the law, but lots of injustice is condoned in the law. Just because some 50 year olds lobbied hard enough, with enough dough to get thier way, doesn't make it right, especially the way it was implemented. How about phasing the age limit raise in over a decade, etc. Oh no, that wouldn't work, because those who funded the screwing wouldn't reap enough treasure.

The decade thing sounds like it would work but it's hard to staff for a moving target. On top of that you would piss off a group every couple of years.

Look, I'm not for it or against it. It slows me down too but I don't know that I will work past 60. Hopefully out earlier than that. 1/2 the guys I fly with have a side business and the other 1/2 are working on it. If a guy is able to have a backup plan or additional income to provide for his retirement years then he will probably get out early. However, if for some reason another guy has inforseen expenses, divorce, investment loss, special needs child etc, he has the option of making some of that up.

If you are the later guy I'm sure you will be glad you have the opportunity to make that additional million or so the last 5 years.

I don't think moving the retirement age to age 65 would qualify as an injustice.

How about a DFW Base? :))

No No No. Growing up as the son of a DFW based Delta pilot and seven years as a Delta ramper at DFW, I always wanted to wear the uniform. If that were to happen I would have to put in an application and I have told myself I am not going to do that. (Since I am tainted fractional material I probably wouldn't get hired anyway when the hiring begins again.)

It is good to see a strong Delta with a good group like Northwest to add value. It would be nice to see more airline tickets on Delta to and from work. Best of luck down the road to all.

Last edited:
No No No. Growing up as the son of a DFW based Delta pilot and seven years as a Delta ramper at DFW, I always wanted to wear the uniform. If that were to happen I would have to put in an application and I have told myself I am not going to do that. (Since I am tainted fractional material I probably wouldn't get hired anyway when the hiring begins again.)

It is good to see a strong Delta with a good group like Northwest to add value. It would be nice to see more airline tickets on Delta to and from work. Best of luck down the road to all.

We hired plenty for Frac guys last time around. If you do not have the attitude of being a Legacy, I am sure that you will do just fine!

A legacy, that sounds a little over the top. I am just another kid that spent a lot of time at the airport and wanted to fly a jet with a black nose.

A legacy, that sounds a little over the top. I am just another kid that spent a lot of time at the airport and wanted to fly a jet with a black nose.

If you are interested in the industry, apply - I came from the corporate side. 1/2 of my new hire class was civilian and 10% of the class was corporate.

I think a lot of fractional pilots were hired a few years ago. That's why the fractionals were hiring.

Latest resources

Back