• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

June '06 SWA DB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word from a guy I interviewed with says a friend in class right now was told no calls this week due to getting ready for the open house Saturday. Third hand info I know. But don't be alarmed if you don't get called this week. I hate the waiting.

That's the second source I've seen that said the calls will start next week - Man this is testing my nerves...... good luck to all...

Per the SWA website:

"Come learn all you ever wanted to know about Southwest’s Pilot hiring plans, hiring process, training process, and what it’s like to fly at Southwest. Speakers will include our Vice President of Flight Operations, Director of Training, Manager of Pilot Hiring, Pilot Recruiters, and Retired, Active, and New Hire Pilots."

Don't the calls come from the Chief or even Asst Chief Pilots? I don't read into this that they will even be present......sooooooo.....shouldn't calls go out as usual? I can't figure out why they would take the time to move the DB up to the 6th, only to delay the results. I don't claim to know much about this process, I'm just not sure I believe that calls will not be made as usual. JMHO. Either way, good luck to all waiting on the results! This wait is brutal!

I can confirm that one person has gotten a call. However, he does know the chief pilot that called him personally, so I'm not sure if his situation has any bearing on the timing of the remaining calls.

It wouldn't surprise me if they timed the 6-6 decision board to be timed with the chiefs being in town for the Open House....

Latest resources

Back