• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating with a beard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<earlymorningrant> Why must we always strive to do the least possible? Is it so much a burden to look presentable and professional in exchange for a free airplane ride?

Sometimes I wish the world was still like it is in those old black and white movies where men wore hats, jackets, and ties when they traveled.

When did we as a civilization lose our dignity and self respect? </earlymorningrant>

Since fat, stupid, ugly, uneducated people learned they can sue if they don't get what they want.

Y'all take yourselves too seriously. I'd take a pilot with a beard. Who really cares?!!!

<earlymorningrant>
When did we as a civilization lose our dignity and self respect? </earlymorningrant>

It all started in October of 1978 (incidentally before many on this forum were even born)...when de-reg opened the world of air travel to the "unwashed masses"...when I was a kid airplane trips meant dressing up and not even thinking about being rude or disrespectful to a crew member or CSA...now look at it...matching luggage means 2 plastic WalMart sacks...ever walked to the back of the plane looking for a paper and find a complete set of finger/toenails on the floor? What the hell is the matter with people?

Figure out a way to non-rev or buy ID90. There are only a few times during this career when you can grow a beard. It's not worth shaving it off just to jumpseat. The other alternative is seeing how full the flight is. If you can expect to sit in the back, check in up front and explain your situation. If they have a problem say "I understand, no prob". If it was me, I would think it was great and welcome you on-board.

Is it that difficult and time consuming to look and act like a professional?

Everyone needs to lighten up. Did you read the first post? HE'S ON VACATION!!! I know we are hiring young these days, and some of you may not be able to respect the act of growing a beard (hang in there little fella, someday it will happen to you too) but I do the same. Vacation starts, shaving stops. Welcome aboard!

Latest resources

Back