Jumpseating on NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1.3XVso said:
What?!! Where do you guys jumpseat from and to??? NWA NICE?

1. What?!! You can re-read my encounter again.
2. Where??? Usually DFW-DTW
3. NWA Nice? Ummm...if you could not come to your own conclusion from my post I will use a simple word my 3 year old understands...'yes'.

I always have great experiences jumpseating on NW but did see something that suprised me a few weeks back. I was going JFK-DTW and was asked by the agent if I was Jet Blue (I'm not). I said "no" and she said that I was lucky because the captain told her he would not allow any JBL jumpseaters because they were the reason NW was having so much trouble (financial I presume).

Thanks for the ride...I always appreciate it.

Sarsipius said:
I always have great experiences jumpseating on NW but did see something that suprised me a few weeks back. I was going JFK-DTW and was asked by the agent if I was Jet Blue (I'm not). I said "no" and she said that I was lucky because the captain told her he would not allow any JBL jumpseaters because they were the reason NW was having so much trouble (financial I presume).

Thanks for the ride...I always appreciate it.

3 posts huh... I smell flame bait! :rolleyes:

Yes, heaven knows, that the NWA and jetBlue routemap overlaps so much..................

What about international J/S? I am trying to get to AMS tomorrow or saturday? We are CASS. Also any insight into the process would be great!

tHanks in advance

Bman

I have had two NW captains tell me that they would not take me if I were a JetBlue pilot. The latest said it was because they are flying airbusses for such low wages.
I am furloughed US Airways now working for PSA. I told him I thought it was amusing because JetBlue pilots make more than US Airways pilots. (For the same equipment). His reply was "well US Airways won't be around very long anyway.)
In either case, his reasoning for denying JetBlue and not US Airways is faulty.

Having said that, I have used NW numerous times and have never had a problem.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
1. What?!! You can re-read my encounter again.
2. Where??? Usually DFW-DTW
3. NWA Nice? Ummm...if you could not come to your own conclusion from my post I will use a simple word my 3 year old understands...'yes'.
Hey capt america i was being sarchastic there buddy.

Latest resources

Back