Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah, We're in CASS

OldManPilot said:
Currently the CASS system is only available to members of the ATA "Airline Transport Association" this does not include regional airlines as of yet. It is still being studied and it appears that regionals owned by legacy carriers 'may' be the first added. An extention was filed for 2 months longer to study CASS prior to adding ANY non-ATA airlines to the system.

Mesaba is CASS, and I know Pinnacle is too. Both are regionals, and neither are wholly owned or ATA members.

BTW, are there any projections as to when Comair is going CASS?

Yesterday

How about already...at least in PWM, the agents have their nice, new printed instuction sheets on how to apply CASS. I got denied last night cause apparently, you have to do something with CASS before it will approve you, like activate your ID or something. I dunno, haven't done it yet cause I jumped on Comair a few days ago when it wasn't CASS. I told the agent I had heard Delta was CASS, but when Continental became CASS, I didn't think Continental Express was CASS as well. But he said they use Delta's reservation system. I think I got jipped, but lesson learned.

Express didn't get CASS at the same time as CAl because our JS list had more airlines than CAL. We could have joined with CAL but that would mean some of the airlines would be left off. This is my understanding, so I am not positive about this. We have been told several times that we will be CASS in the next couple of weeks, but there were a few issues still being ironed out.

The first group of regionals to be accepted into CASS were admitted because they were "wholly owned" subsidiaries of a major. XJT is not wholly owned. From what I understand, we are very close to getting in on CASS soon.

(just as I stop commuting)

Latest resources

Back