Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cl65capt

Just say NO
Hi, just got a memo from the chief pilots office(I fly for Airtran) stating the we will now need our passports to jumpseat offline. I was planning on jumpseating on a Comair flight to MKE tomorrow morning and was wondering what the likely hood of being asked for my passport is? Reason I ask is I'm off and my passport is in my flight case in ATL. Thanks.

The reason I've heard is that the gate agent needs to verify your picture off of a federal document (passport). This applies for the CASS system that doesn't have digital photos enclosed...

Comair doesn't have CASS. No pasport needed. License, Medical and Co. ID AND you have to show the CA your stolen Hotel Pen. And if it's my JS, a Egg McMuffin or after 11:00, a bag of Peanut MMs.

A USA Today with a hotel sticker is also allowable in place of the hotel pen.

Does anyone know if Comair takes offline Jumpseaters from Canada and if so, what is the listing process.

The last I heard we had to list with them so that our name would be on the release.

Currently the CASS system is only available to members of the ATA "Airline Transport Association" this does not include regional airlines as of yet. It is still being studied and it appears that regionals owned by legacy carriers 'may' be the first added. An extention was filed for 2 months longer to study CASS prior to adding ANY non-ATA airlines to the system.

OldManPilot said:
Currently the CASS system is only available to members of the ATA "Airline Transport Association" this does not include regional airlines as of yet. It is still being studied and it appears that regionals owned by legacy carriers 'may' be the first added.

What would you call Horizon? One of the very first airlines included in the CASS system. Or American Eagle? Another of the very first airlines included in the CASS system.

Perhaps I am missing what you are saying, but these regional airlines, both owned by holding companies which also own major carrers, have been included in the CASS system since its implementation.

Anyone can be a member of the "ATA" if they pay to become a member. Class standing (Major, Regional, National, ect.) has nothing to do with it.

i stand corrected. I was told that ATA members only were being currently accepted until after the test period which was just extended was complete

ATA members are the only ones being accepted into CASS at this time. The point is, anyone who spends the money (Horizon and Eagle appartently) are members.

In college I had to develop a fake airline (FunAIR)... I sent away to the ATA for a member application package and they sent it right away. All it takes is money to become a member.

Latest resources

Back