• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating on American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually just showed up until the gate agents in Eagle couldnt figure out how to list me. They gave me this number and told me from now on to call it and "meal list". 888-933-5922. Whether I need to or not, it seems to reduce their workload so I do it from now on.

I usually just showed up until the gate agents in Eagle couldnt figure out how to list me. They gave me this number and told me from now on to call it and "meal list". 888-933-5922. Whether I need to or not, it seems to reduce their workload so I do it from now on.

Yea...you NEED to list ahead of time. Otherwise, the AA agents WILL remove your head with a dull instrument. I don't know why they get so spooled up over that...but make sure you're listed BEFORE you get to the gate. There is a website to list also, but your airline needs to have its own username/password.

https://ifc.id90.com/index.php

List ahead of time, and prepare to grovel at the feet of the all powerful gate agent. If you are lucky you'll be denied boarding with your head still attached.

If the airport is large enough to have a customer service center, like LAX, the agents prefer you use the CS center to finish your listing. Meal listing is just the beginning for jumpseating on AA. Get there early, get the CS center to list you on the specific flight to be put on the real list, or _most_ agents will type furiously like in Trains, Planes and Automobiles or in that Falkers movie while either silently or orally bitching you out about how they have no time to finish your listing.

Just another utterly stupid policy by a completely incompetent American management. The same guys who drove the airline over the cliff the last 10 years.

Latest resources

Back