Jumpseat on FDX and UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

holdon

Looking at options in commuting over the holidays. Can anyone provide the protocal in jumpseating on FDX and UPS? Not even sure if the jumpseats are open yet. Our company is CASS approved, however, it still hasn't been officially OK'd yet. Thanks for any info

not at FedEx yet

Our union is working on it. But we are not CASS'd yet and offline is still not an option. No one wants this more than the pilots here at FedEx.

Did I mention we were in negotiations?

Goose17

Goose,

If remember correctly, the union put out a blurb about jumpseating a month or so ago. I think the CASS system is in place, but management is holding back. Probably as you mentioned, because of negotiations.
Enjoy peak.
slowdryver

aridairbus said:
Your union should have all the answers to your jumpseat questions. Public forums are no place to ask!
IF I had a union, I bet they would have ALL the answers (as unions usually do :rolleyes: ) Nonetheless, this is an excellent forum in which to ask. So thanks for the reply but you didn't answer my question.

I believe jetBlue is up on CASS, no union. Although I think jetBlue hasn't been given the final ok.

Having a union is not a prerequisite of having CASS. Just need to be an ATA carrier.

from ups...

I'm pleased to announce that reciprocal jumpseats are now open with Atlas Air. UPS and Atlas Air have entered into a reciprocal jumpseat agreement under the Cockpit Access Security System program. This agreement will begin on December 3. In addition to Atlas, UPS currently has agreements with American Airlines, American Eagle, and Continental Airlines. We are coordinating with the following TSA-approved carriers: Alaska Air, Horizon Air, Northwest, Jet Blue and United on entering into an agreement. We anticipate the rest of these carriers to be on-line within the next few weeks. As these airlines are brought on-board, I will communicate this on my hotline.

English said:
I believe jetBlue is up on CASS, no union. Although I think jetBlue hasn't been given the final ok.

Having a union is not a prerequisite of having CASS. Just need to be an ATA carrier.

Your right, we don't have the final OK yet. However, I know we're in the system and are set to go anyday (last I heard).

I'm just trying to see if anyone has used UPS or FedEx(in the past) and how the system worked. For example, how to find out schedules, listing, how far out can you list, is it more of a pain logistically or can it be done as a primary source of commuting. I have a trip that ends in the evening in TPA and looking to get home on the 23rd of DEC for Xmas. Never have done it and looking for some experienced guys/gals to chime in. Thanks

Latest resources

Back