• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why are you guys trying to reason with fly4hire, he was turned down by JB, and still isnt over it..... what a friggin loser!!!!!!!!!!!!

I disagree. Post it here so we can all see what airlines are not allowing fellow pilots to jumpseat. I know it's "just a few rouge pilots", but someone needs to put their foot down and put a stop to this. By only contacting their jumpseat coordinator this behavior is not as widely known as it should be.

"just a few rouge pilots" ???? What are you trying to say? The Captain wore makeup??

Wow...there [yet] another one.

Wow...there [yet] another one.

NO SIR/MADAM, JB blew did not lower the bar...you lowered your own bar because you didn't have a backbone to fight for what you wanted.

Personally, I'm against unions...they have not served this country well and in particular the airline industry, but if you, and many thousands of your fellows still want to live in the 30s or 40s, you announce that each time you show your support for some union.

As far as the jump seat is concerned, jumpseat is NEVER, I repeat NEVER a captain's seat. It's a seat that is part of the airliner that belongs to an airline, not the individual. If the agreement exists, then captain has no RIGHT to disallow it! In fact, I believe that this should not be captain’s or any pilot’s call; if the standard agreement exists between the airlines, then the gate agent should be able to assign the jump seat and the pilots would simply have to accept it.

And you SIR/MADAM, would’ve been the first one applying for JB's A320 jobs if you didn't have a job.

Bunny

:eek:
PHXFLYR

Dude, it's called a reciprocal jumpseat agreement! I don't care what you think about JB lowering the bar; must you look no further than Legacy Management and the pilots who allowed their collective bargaining agreements to disappear by capitulating to their demands-- don't blame JB for that! Additionally, what honor do you have when you sign an agreement and your troops don't live by their word. JB has lived up to its side of the contract. I weep no tears for you at all, if you can't even live up to this simple agreement, how do you expect your managers to live up to your contracts? One word for you, dishonorable.

BTW, we carry many of NWA flight attendants from FL up to NYC, but I guess that doesn't matter to the pilot corps. They can care less about them and the maintainers or that little sit-down of baggage handlers they had a few months ago.

Amen Brother!

Latest resources

Back