• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge Grants Mesaba Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a look at our union webboard. Someone posted an FAA webpage that shows the tail number 603XJ (though 635XJ I think) was just renewed and the fee paid on 5/2/06. That's funny, I thought we're just going to be a 49 Saab operation "moving forward". Perhaps we're changing the tail numbers on those Saabs to the 600's right along with new paint?

It's going to be an interesting month.

Cheers

You will get the AVRO's back until they can be replaced by a 76 seat alternative. Mesaba now assumes all liabilty for loss on the avro, I see no reason it won't be back for atleast another year. Unless NWA already has the 76 seaters ready to go. If it was curcial that NWA park those planes, they would have done so immediately. Plus they are free to put another 7 seats in the airplane.

another year? well, remember that article about compass? it explained that the 36 76 seat jets going to compass are to replace the avro by 2009. wow...another year....or two.....or three......what the heck.....that was the official stance of NWA to a pro NWA article......was that a typo or a slip.....

I think yes the avro is gone, when....maybe now maybe in the next two years, but that is no reason for us to bend over during a fake bankruptcy and take yet another concessionarry contract. As for what NWA did with their contract, well, its their company and they can do what they want, but....i say this, when you NWA people walk in the airport, hang your head low.....eyes to the floor...you just lowered the bar, voted in a contract that creats for labor strife, competiion between pilots, between redtail companies, and screwed over those NWA pilots currently laid off and those that now fly the 9. when you see a guy in a wrinkled mesaba uniform with pride in his eye, but none in his company or profession know that i now look down upon you even on every other friday when i bring home 730 dollars........f all of you if you do not agree

CubanSmoker said:
Take a look at our union webboard. Someone posted an FAA webpage that shows the tail number 603XJ (though 635XJ I think) was just renewed and the fee paid on 5/2/06. That's funny, I thought we're just going to be a 49 Saab operation "moving forward". Perhaps we're changing the tail numbers on those Saabs to the 600's right along with new paint?

It's going to be an interesting month.

Cheers

That means nothing, Air Wis has all the 400AW numbers on reserve, there is NO talk of us getting more AC.

AWACO said:
That means nothing, Air Wis has all the 400AW numbers on reserve, there is NO talk of us getting more AC.

Not necessarily. I'm not immediately familar with whats going on at AWAC. But the situation between NW and XJ is extremely fluid. A lot of faith can't be thrown towards some reserved tail numbers, yet you can't deny the possible implications of that move either.

xjhawk said:
another year? well, remember that article about compass? it explained that the 36 76 seat jets going to compass are to replace the avro by 2009. wow...another year....or two.....or three......what the heck.....that was the official stance of NWA to a pro NWA article......was that a typo or a slip.....

I think yes the avro is gone, when....maybe now maybe in the next two years, but that is no reason for us to bend over during a fake bankruptcy and take yet another concessionarry contract. As for what NWA did with their contract, well, its their company and they can do what they want, but....i say this, when you NWA people walk in the airport, hang your head low.....eyes to the floor...you just lowered the bar, voted in a contract that creats for labor strife, competiion between pilots, between redtail companies, and screwed over those NWA pilots currently laid off and those that now fly the 9. when you see a guy in a wrinkled mesaba uniform with pride in his eye, but none in his company or profession know that i now look down upon you even on every other friday when i bring home 730 dollars........f all of you if you do not agree
If the pilots at mainline negotiated, lets say a pay raise, how would that affect you making $730 every two weeks; you were making that before this whole mess. It's your company that's making profits and it's your union negotiating concessions. This has happened numerous times to XJ and your pilot group(union) didn't take any steps to prevent it from happening again. BTW, you choose to work at $730 a week, if you want more that is your fight. If you take less, well that's your fault.

Since XJ mgmt claims they need to restructure to be competitive as a 49 airplane SAAB operator, I assume they would have no problem signing an agreement with a snapback provision that says that if they have at least "X" number of AC at any time after 2006 or 2007, that all contract items will return to what you guys had in contrac 2004. Right?

I mean, otherwise it's all BS, isn't it? (hint, the awnser is: YES)

Turbo

yes, my vote and many like me are voting no reguardless of what happens.....and if the judge imposes rediculous rates on us as our company continues to make profits, well, this will be a small paycheck until i can find something else, and when i find something else, i am going on my last work flight, and leave the plane, go home and call crew scheduling and resign. leaving the plane at an outstation. Oh, and to your pilot friend, i like reading your posts, did i say it was their fault of what i am making? no....i am just saying, .......what is the union (ALPA) trying to do? stop more outsourcing, stop concessionary contracts? who is leading this sinking ship? Oh thats right, he came from the NWA pilot group. What did NWA do? they negotiated a concessionary contract, they started a new regional......need i say more? How come you never mentioned anything about my compass statement? How they will replace the Avros by 2009?

Oh and by the way, vote no to anything at mesaba thats less than what Comair got.......ia m still going with what was promised to me during the last contract.....yes it was a promise....right from the mouth of wychor....... "comair or better or we strike!" i beeleive thats verbatum! no no no no

PropPiedmont said:
Many months after the bankruptcy at Piedmont we took our concessions. And they were retroactive to the bankruptcy date. For the next whole year money was deducted out of our paychecks to pay the company back for what they had over paid us.

Yep, and are currently hiring! Training in CLT is worried that we're gonna start losing guys to mainline when the big E-jets show up over there. They expect the furloughed mainliners who can hold a CA slot to go back, but others will pass, opening the flowthrough gate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back