• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Joint ASA/XJT MEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah because we got forced into these new 70seat rates and it looks like new flying will come our way.... Now you want to "play ball".

although i agree with your Reagan quote I couldn't disagree with you more. If you honestly think what you did or didn't "forcibly" agree to has anything to do with where Jerry/Brad puts those planes, then you have a lot to learn about OO. They did what they do. They completely outmaneuvered BOTH MEC's.

Horrible idea. We need to all be on the same page, on the same list and have the same contract. Without that, we all lose.

Maybe it is a horrible idea, I don't know. Just saying that even with two separate contracts, we are getting smartpref. So why not have one contract with parallel tracks with the final decision moved down the road.

f you honestly think what you did or didn't "forcibly" agree to has anything to do with where Jerry/Brad puts those planes, then you have a lot to learn about OO. They did what they do. They completely outmaneuvered BOTH MEC's.

You do have to agree that with pay rates for bigger aircraft at LXJT not being tied to a joint contract, there is no longer as much of a rush and no longer have to worry about ultimatums for the Skywest to execute their business plan they bought us for when negotiating 75 replacement and 15 additional aircraft in the CAL CPA as a condition of the purchase of XJT.

We all need to realize that there are no guarantees. There is no promise that legacy Xjet gets bigger planes for United. That promise is held by Sky west INC. They can dole out the aircraft however they see fit. Even further, all the flying we do is owned by INC. They could transfer planes around as they see fit. Do you all remember the 12 CRJ-700's that were to be transferred from ASA to SKYW in 2006? We had me recourse.

I hate how these negotiations have gone just as much as anyone. But, I think we are getting close to needing to figure out how to get along or we are all going to get kicked out of Jerry's sandbox. We flat don't have the power that USAirways pilots took advantage of.

That's true but if there are bigger airplanes coming as part of the CAL CPA, the CPA and the T&PA dictate they go to LXJT, all 90 of them. They also cant transfer our ERJs to anyone else. What they can certainly do is operate the oldest ERJs as they come off lease. As for any other aircraft, I wouldn't disagree with you.

Last edited:
Well Joe, Sounds like the XJT MEC has compromised by considering PBS over line bidding I think it's time for your MEC to compromise and join in..

Wasn't it your guys that began talks with the Company about PBS on your own?

Sounds like you guys made the move...ASA already compromised when we went to it about 4 years ago.

Yeah because we got forced into these new 70seat rates and it looks like new flying will come our way.... Now you want to "play ball".

You guys agreed to it in your current CBA which had nothing to do with ASA. As for the new a/c, Have you heard the saying "Jets in June"? You will learn.

Maybe it is a horrible idea, I don't know. Just saying that even with two separate contracts, we are getting smartpref. So why not have one contract with parallel tracks with the final decision moved down the road.

You do have to agree that with pay rates for bigger aircraft at LXJT not being tied to a joint contract, there is no longer as much of a rush and no longer have to worry about ultimatums for the Skywest to execute their business plan they bought us for when negotiating 75 replacement and 15 additional aircraft in the CAL CPA as a condition of the purchase of XJT.

That's true but if there are bigger airplanes coming as part of the CAL CPA, the CPA and the T&PA dictate they go to LXJT, all 90 of them. They also cant transfer our ERJs to anyone else. What they can certainly do is operate the oldest ERJs as they come off lease. As for any other aircraft, I wouldn't disagree with you.

Counting your eggs a little early. The CPA LXJT is given the 1st right of refusal. Never say never.

Counting your eggs a little early. The CPA LXJT is given the 1st right of refusal. Never say never.

Which is precisely why I used the words, "That's true but if there are bigger airplanes coming as part of the CAL CPA." Meaning that if Skywest and CAL come to an agreement as envisioned in the CPA, those aircraft are required to come to LXJT. But without pay rates for larger RJs, Skywest would have been unable to submit a bid to try to exercise that part of the CPA they paid to negotiate for. Now that there are rates, Skywest is no longer beholden to the ASA MEC's ultimatum to move forward with their business plan. And that is what Texan Aviator is alluding to. Skywest is no longer hostage to them. I don't see them giving the ASA MEC any leverage by giving these CAL aircraft to the ASA side when they pulled their ultimatum stunt.

And of course, if RAH or MESA wins the bid, then none of the Skywest airlines will get any of those aircraft. So if that's what you mean by counting eggs, that's not what I was doing. This is a reality no matter what. It goes without saying.

Last edited:
At this point, I'm all about SmartPref. I'm getting excited to see what happens when " the dog catches the car". It's going to be awesome when Nevets and McPickle deliver the spin to an irrate pilot group. I wonder how this will be LASA's fault??? I thought it was funny talking to a DAL jumpseater about SmartPref. I didn't mention anything other than the name, and his eyes got wide, just before asking "why do you guys want that?" .

At this point, I'm all about SmartPref. I'm getting excited to see what happens when " the dog catches the car". It's going to be awesome when Nevets and McPickle deliver the spin to an irrate pilot group. I wonder how this will be LASA's fault??? I thought it was funny talking to a DAL jumpseater about SmartPref. I didn't mention anything other than the name, and his eyes got wide, just before asking "why do you guys want that?" .

you don't get it. LXJT did their research. They researched and discovered the best way to circumvent the use of common sense. All other research and subsequent rejection be damned..

nothing like marrying the girl that every other breathing male rejected

Last edited:
And then there's that lack of foreskin allowing that Sect 26 into their current CBA...but then that's LASA's fault too!

Latest resources

Back