Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
There is a joint ASA/XJT MEC meeting this week and SOME of the ASA MEC members are considering giving into the XJT MEC and switching PBS systems. If you don't want an untried, globalized PBS system, I suggest you start calling your reps.

Well Joe, Sounds like the XJT MEC has compromised by considering PBS over line bidding I think it's time for your MEC to compromise and join in..

Well Joe, Sounds like the XJT MEC has compromised by considering PBS over line bidding I think it's time for your MEC to compromise and join in..

Just to be clear, you are ok with the globalized system - just because its your sides idea - over the non globalizing system?

I feel that if at all possible, the MECs should try to negotiate parallel tracks and go from there. Not like its not going to happen if we don't have a joint contract.

There is a joint ASA/XJT MEC meeting this week and SOME of the ASA MEC members are considering giving into the XJT MEC and switching PBS systems. If you don't want an untried, globalized PBS system, I suggest you start calling your reps.

WRONG! Loser!

I feel that if at all possible, the MECs should try to negotiate parallel tracks and go from there. Not like its not going to happen if we don't have a joint contract.

Horrible idea. We need to all be on the same page, on the same list and have the same contract. Without that, we all lose.

ok LXJT. You win. I honestly don't care any more. I am extremely senior and will get pretty much what i want anyway. Good luck the rest of the tards with this idiotic untested, unused by anyone system.

Yeah because we got forced into these new 70seat rates and it looks like new flying will come our way.... Now you want to "play ball".

We all need to realize that there are no guarantees. There is no promise that legacy Xjet gets bigger planes for United. That promise is held by Sky west INC. They can dole out the aircraft however they see fit. Even further, all the flying we do is owned by INC. They could transfer planes around as they see fit. Do you all remember the 12 CRJ-700's that were to be transferred from ASA to SKYW in 2006? We had me recourse.

I hate how these negotiations have gone just as much as anyone. But, I think we are getting close to needing to figure out how to get along or we are all going to get kicked out of Jerry's sandbox. We flat don't have the power that USAirways pilots took advantage of.

Latest resources

Back