• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John Travolta's B-707

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for JT to take that much effort to enjoy aviation. We all would like to have the fleet he has but flying for a living makes it a bit difficult to afford for almost all of us even with a good retirement.

He was at AA doing his 707 training and on his way to lunch one day one of our captains stopped him and said, you look just like John Travolta. He said that is because I am John Travolta. Our pilot laughed and said "Sure" and walked away. Give the guy some credit.
I'll go along with that. These celebrities get dogged for not meeting the expectations of people that simply pass by on the street. If anyone of us here had the money we'd do the same stuff he does. I'd pass on the pilot uniform though. Good for JT.

Travolta is a ******************************bag. The reason his 707 is painted up like Quantas, and that we wears a Quantas uniform when he flies is because he's flying on an Australian license. The FAA revoked his US certificate for flying the 707 with non-rated people in the FO and FE seats. He has more money than brains...

You the funny thing is most of the guys on FI think Tex Johnston's the s&&t for rolling a 707. But dog on Travolta for this?

You the funny thing is most of the guys on FI think Tex Johnston's the s&&t for rolling a 707. But dog on Travolta for this?

Are you really that stupid as to compare a narcissist wannabe like Travolta to an aviation legend such as Tex Johnson? Wow....

Most of Tex's reputation is based on his performance, unlike JT's which is based on appearance. Big difference.

I live by the motto, "If you cant act the part, atleast look the part!' It's gotten me this far!!:beer:

I read once that Arthur Jones, inventor of the Nautilus Fitness Equipment line, and his young trophy wife Terry Jones, started Jumbolair. They built the runway and had two Boeing 720's. Terry, type rated in the B720, flew these often to Africa and elsewhere to bring back exotic animals to Jumbolair. CC

Professional Pilot magazine was the article you probally read, back in the 80s I believe. Jones was in his 60s and Terry was like 21 with 4-5 types. A few years ago I was in line for takeoff at JFK during evening rush hour behind JT's Gulfstream, not sure what model. He was on the radio chatting it up with the Grd Ctlr, flying to Paris.

Hoser

If I could, I would have a 707 as well, althought, perhaps rather a DC-8, I'd even settle for a -72.

Are you really that stupid as to compare a narcissist wannabe like Travolta to an aviation legend such as Tex Johnson? Wow....

Wow. Personal attack from nowhere.

My point was that there are different kinds of rule-breaking. Just interesting how some are applauded and others ridiculed.

Yes I'm sure TJ could fly circles around JT.

Grab a beer or go kick your dog.

The sad thing is to realize that John Denver was ten times the pilot that JT is. I don't know what that means, but it struck me as sad and true at the same time.

Latest resources

Back