• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John Travolta's B-707

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Second, that's part of the neighbor's complaint - he's tearing up the runway and taxiways - it's not constructed to take that kind of weight on a daily basis.
That's a funny argument. Sonny Crockett will probably be able to set the record straight even more, but wasn't that airport originally built to handle the washed up 70's supermodel and her ex-husbands his-and-hers matching pair of 707's bought with their Nautilus $$$$?

Jumbolair

I read once that Arthur Jones, inventor of the Nautilus Fitness Equipment line, and his young trophy wife Terry Jones, started Jumbolair. They built the runway and had two Boeing 720's. Terry, type rated in the B720, flew these often to Africa and elsewhere to bring back exotic animals to Jumbolair. I saw a picture of her recently with what appeared to be her "new" family and husband, who helps her market the property homesites. Terry also flew a Lear 20 series.

As for JT, he sure tries to look the part of a top notch aviator in the watch ads and in his recent Paris Air Show interview.

I saw the B707 in SLC last winter. Maybe they were at Sundance. A recent article in ProPilot mag suggested that JT walk the global warming line and get rid of his noisy fuel guzzling toys and buy a more environmentally friendly ride, such as a GIV.

CC

First, he's an a*s. Watched him come into BNA one day and was just a pr*ck to the line guys who were nothing but polite. Reminded me of watching Martha Stewart or Hillary Clinton - friendly if there's cameras, but if there's not and you *work* for him, you're a pee-on as far as he's concerned. (Yet another reason I don't want to fly charter or fractional again, I don't do people with attitudes, but I digress.)

Second, that's part of the neighbor's complaint - he's tearing up the runway and taxiways - it's not constructed to take that kind of weight on a daily basis. So they got together and hired a crew to put in a displaced threshold... just LESS than the required runway for him to operate the 707 in and out.

So he sued his neighbors and notified the FAA that they had illegally changed the runway without proper notification, creating a safety hazard for anyone who tried to land there and hadn't "heard" they'd done it (no official change to the runway length in the FAA database, therefore no Notams, etc).

People who live at a fly-in community expect a certain level of airplane noise. I don't think a 707 qualifies as a "normal" fly-in community aircraft... I'd probably be pretty ticked off, too.

Wow, he was super nice to me when I met him.

Maybe it is you, and not him that is the ass. LOL

Yeah, I am sure that it's not because you are jealous or anything.

That's a funny argument. Sonny Crockett will probably be able to set the record straight even more, but wasn't that airport originally built to handle the washed up 70's supermodel and her ex-husbands his-and-hers matching pair of 707's bought with their Nautilus $$$$?

You hit it on the nail.

This is more about MONEY than anytihg else....

Travolta is a ******************************bag. The reason his 707 is painted up like Quantas, and that we wears a Quantas uniform when he flies is because he's flying on an Australian license. The FAA revoked his US certificate for flying the 707 with non-rated people in the FO and FE seats. He has more money than brains...

Wow, he was super nice to me when I met him.
That's probably because you were on your knees...

Maybe it is you, and not him that is the ass. LOL
Could be.

Then again, the multiple posts from people on this site (do a search, there's been 2 or 3 threads about him) tend to paint the same negative picture.

I personally didn't even try to say Hi to him. I saw how he treated the line guys at Mercury in Nashville and walked the other way. Thank God I don't have to put up with crap like that anymore.

Yeah, I am sure that it's not because you are jealous or anything.
I'm sure you're not mistaking YOUR ambitions for mine or anything.

Keep it up Pocaholes; giving female pilots everywhere a bad name.

Travolta is a ******************************bag. The reason his 707 is painted up like Quantas, and that we wears a Quantas uniform when he flies is because he's flying on an Australian license. The FAA revoked his US certificate for flying the 707 with non-rated people in the FO and FE seats. He has more money than brains...

looks like he might be the FO in his big ole 707...

From FAA website:

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA

Address
Street not shown
City not shown
State CACounty LOS ANGELESZip Code not shown
Country USA

Medical
Medical Class: FirstMedical Date: 9/2005

Certificates
1 of 1

DOI:12/12/2005Certificate:PRIVATE PILOT
Rating(s):
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings
P/B-707 P/B-720 P/CE-500 P/G-1159 P/HS-125 P/LR-JET

Limits
B-707 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.CE-500 (VFR ONLY).

If you're going to buy cheap, I'd rather have a B72. If you want classic airline romance, buy a Connie. If you want to fly to just about anywhere in style and comfort, fly a GV or a BBJ. Cheap bastard.

Hey, the 707 wrote the book on "classic airline romance." It just did it with that sweet, sweet whine. Same with the GII. Oh yeah, and with prodigious black smoke. Those were the days.

At the very least, he's got good taste in a/c.

Good for JT to take that much effort to enjoy aviation. We all would like to have the fleet he has but flying for a living makes it a bit difficult to afford for almost all of us even with a good retirement.

He was at AA doing his 707 training and on his way to lunch one day one of our captains stopped him and said, you look just like John Travolta. He said that is because I am John Travolta. Our pilot laughed and said "Sure" and walked away. Give the guy some credit.

Latest resources

Back