• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John and Martha King Held By Gunpoint Over Aircraft Tail Number

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So they got a call from a FEDERAL AGENCY that a FEDERAL FELONY was IN PROGRESS. Instead of jerking off Googling flight plans or whatever you Armchair heros think they should have done, they actually showed up and did their job.

Your ignorance in really pretty funny, actually. Next time you've got a LEO on your plane, go ahead and tell him that only an ignorant, stupid, high-school drop out would pull their gun out during a felony vehicle stop. Better yet, tell them that when a federal agency informs them that a felony is in progress, that they should start Googleling and second guessing the call instead of rolling to the scene. Of course, you don't have the balls, but it would really be an eye opener.

One day, when y'all are out on a trip and your wife and children are home alone, they may call the police and tell them that bad men are at your house trying to harm them. If that day comes, those police aren't going to start checking the 911 records to see if your house has a history of phony calls. They aren't going to Google "bad men". They aren't going to research if the bad men in question are famous to an insignificant portion of the population and completely unrecognizable to the vast majority of Americans (Maybe it's just a misunderstanding and your wife has mistaken a world renowned crepes chef for a criminal, right?).

What they are going to do is drop everything and show up to protect your family. When they get there, there may be some gun pointing. If it turns out your wife was wrong and it really was that famous crepes chef and nobody gets shot, are you going to call them ignorant, high-school dropouts?

Actually, you dinks probably would. As far as your Lord goes. Pray to him that you will someday become half the Man that your average Police doing their job already is. Mocking and insulting brave men and women who do their job to protect you and your family is disgusting.

What if this had happened (see below) and John would have caught one would you still be so sure the police were just "doing their job." It is up to the police to ASSUME the guy is innocent. You must be a liberal with this much trust in governmental agencies.
John didn't catch one because they DID THEIR JOB RIGHT. It is up to COURTS to assume the guy is innocent. You two are an absolute joke. You have fully demonstrated your ignorance if you think police should assume that every person they come in contact with, especially those reported by a federal agency as committing felonies in progress, are innocent. Why are we spending all that money on bullet-proof vests and guns when everyone is presumed innocent?

I must be a liberal because I'm defending police? :laugh: You don't even know what your (perceived) insults mean anymore do you? Of course, if you can't grasp the difference between Police on the street and Court, it's not shocking that you think liberals love "the man". Thinking for yourself is overrated, just spit out what the man on the tv says is an insult.

Last edited:
Good grief... the day arrives that I of all people am defending Hamburger...

The information was passed to the locals via EPIC which is the (El Paso Intelligence Center) it is a ginormous operation that catalogues any and all threats that need to be disseminated from the federal level to the local level or state to state level.

This type of info is transmitted via NCIC (National Crime Information Center) to its state counterpart which then rebroadcasts it out to all LE terminals on the state network.

Once the teletype came across the dispatchers terminal or the PDT in car terminal that is all that is needed for locals to act.

Its no different than if I run your D/L in the computer and I get a hit on a warrant, I pull up a warrant confirm message and send it to the agency who wants you. The return message is a simple one liner.

Warrant valid, hold for extradition. and usually a warrant number... etc... just on that little one liner I can arrest and jail you. Without ever seeing or physically touching the warrant. I am taking the word of the operator on the other end and 99.999999% of the time its correct and valid.

But every great once in a while its not, but guess what... the courts say its okay and no one has standing to sue for information transmitted via NCIC either in error or accidentally.

Throw the switch, and watch them twitch!

Yes, we should all roll over, instantly, when jack-booted thugs, I mean cops, do to us whatever they feel.

I'll start respecting jack-booted thugs, I mean cops, when they:

-Stop tazing women in their 70s
-Stop executing innocent people on subway platforms
-Stop shooting dogs, for kicks, during illegal home invasions (Those golden retrievers are vicious, I tell you)
-Stop inducing heart attacks in men in their 70s while conducting warrantless & illegal searches of his home
-Lose some frigging weight behave in a manner that actuall commands respect

The local police most likely don't even know how to access flight plan or registry info. They got a call from an federal agency that said this tail number is stolen

John and Martha are clearly the victims here. It's not their fault the local police can't access flight plans/registry info. Every one who is trained with guns knows that you never point your weapon at anything you're not prepared to destroy. Law enforcement is at fault here by failing to check the validity of this "stolen plane" before threatening John & Martha's lives. If they didn't know how to ensure the plane is really stolen, then you shouldn't be pointing guns at people.
Police officers have to exercise judgment everyday, similar to how us pilots exercise our judgment. However, they treated this like a felony stop for grand theft auto. The average pilot does not fit the profile as a common car thief. If they don't know that, then again, they shouldn't be pointing guns at people.
The officers failed to use their judgment to realize that maybe this elderly couple emerging from the aircraft is probably not the people they are looking for. After law enforcement figured they were wrong, they released John & Martha and quickly left the scene without an apology or explanation? That's adding insult to injury.

Police have a dangerous job and I respect what they do out there. It's obvious they were just doing their job. However, the system is flawed. I think the police should have been there, given the information they were provided, however, they failed to use judgment with John & Martha.

-Stop tazing women in their 70s
-Stop executing innocent people on subway platforms
-Stop shooting dogs, for kicks, during illegal home invasions (Those golden retrievers are vicious, I tell you)
-Stop inducing heart attacks in men in their 70s while conducting warrantless & illegal searches of his home
-Lose some frigging weight behave in a manner that actuall commands respect
Which of the (very specific) officers we are discussing did any of these things?

Hmmmm?

Too bad that honestly assessing the actions of men doing their duty is too much of a leap for you.

Do you also accuse all black people of being criminals because some of them happen to have committed crimes? Is every single Muslim a Terrorist in your little world?

Common sense takes a back seat when you can fall back on pathetic, mob-mentality rhetoric....doesn't it?

Time for you to grow up.

Latest resources

Back