Job opportunities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlightTraker said:
I sent my resume on 350 for a job offered in my local area......had an interview the next day. I also have had several companies contact me just for having my resume listed there (not sending it to them)

Similar results here. Never a "next day" interview...but I've gotten a lot of interviews locally and not so locally.

350 is awesome...gotten some calls and said no a lot.

Avbug is right on. ALWAYS send out the resumes...update it often too.

Great advice avbug.

-mini

350 is awesome...gotten some calls and said no a lot.

Well by gosh, thanks man

:D
On a more serious note, I do attend to agree with with the notion that one should always be looking since no one really knows what tom. may or may not bring. A backup plan is worth it's weight in gold on more than a few occasions. Saying "no" isn't a bad thing sometimes, just don't burn any bridges.

from a crusty old pilot who retired once from the air force and again from the airlines..."no matter how much you enjoy your job, always have some place you want to go, and some place you can go back to."

BoDEAN said:
Climbto350 over Planejobs?

I'm curious as well...

Looks like planejobs is $59/yr and climbto350 is holding an Oct. only special of $49/yr., normal is $105/yr.

Flying Illini said:
I'm curious as well...

Looks like planejobs is $59/yr and climbto350 is holding an Oct. only special of $49/yr., normal is $105/yr.

From what I've learned in the past, both sites recycle the same jobs. I looked through the list on climbto350.com and notice the "common" list of foreign jobs in the Middle East, etc. Seems like these jobs dominate those sites lately.

avbug said:
You're far better off saying no frequently, turning jobs down, than finding ourself out work and starting looking then. Be looking all the time. You never know when something better may come along.

Smart.

coming from a guy who used to do the hiring...i couldnt disagree more. once you interview, get the offer, and turn it down, whats giving you the idea it will be offered again? better to keep in contact with a few potential employers, and pull the trigger when the time comes, than to burn that opportunity just to "see if you could get the offer" ;)

kingairyahoo said:
coming from a guy who used to do the hiring...i couldnt disagree more. once you interview, get the offer, and turn it down, whats giving you the idea it will be offered again? better to keep in contact with a few potential employers, and pull the trigger when the time comes, than to burn that opportunity just to "see if you could get the offer" ;)

I think the important thing is to keep your options open. Get out there and interview...why not? If you get a better offer, go for it. If you don't...then you know you aren't missing anything.

Why limit yourself to where you're at?

-mini

Latest resources

Back