• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job opportunities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
options open...yes, youll get no argument from me there.

looking for something better...sure, why not?

...but "saying no frequently" isnt the same thing (in my twisted little mind) ;)

kingairyahoo said:
...but "saying no frequently" isnt the same thing (in my twisted little mind) ;)

If you're saying no to better offers, you're stupid...point blank.

...and by better offers I don't mean just better pay...there's the QOL issue too that you have to take into account.

But if you're saying no frequently because you aren't getting any better offers, what's wrong with that?

-mini

I have posted openings exclusively on www.climbto350.com, only to find planejobs and other sites pick them up a few days later.

Take that for what its worth.

minitour said:
If you're saying no to better offers, you're stupid...point blank.

...and by better offers I don't mean just better pay...there's the QOL issue too that you have to take into account.

But if you're saying no frequently because you aren't getting any better offers, what's wrong with that?

-mini

alright...who on this side of Mars said anything about saying no to a better offer??? are you serious? and better QOL but equal pay could be considered a better offer? holy crap why didnt i think of that???

i agree with you on two of the three points, but you grab the ONE and go running over the hill...dragging your heavy opinions behind you.

*scratching head, trying to figure out what boat youre on*

ill say it again...im all for keeping options open, and looking for something better. but "saying no frequently" makes not a lick of sense.

i guess it all boils down to this...why in the hell would you interview for a job you dont want?

English said:
I have posted openings exclusively on www.climbto350.com, only to find planejobs and other sites pick them up a few days later.

Take that for what its worth.

All you need to do is post a job somewhere and it will end up on all of these, sometime. Hey, I'm still getting notices for jobs that I recognize as being posted on some other site a long time back. They use it generate interest.

A couple years ago I had a friend post a job on her website, and low and behold, I got hundreds of unqualified applicants sending me resumes from every corner of the internet. I think that is why a lot of people are now stipulating in their ads that, if you don't meet the quals, don't send anything.

The best way to find the best jobs will always be, working hard at your present one, even if it sucks, and networking in the industry. If you hate your job, which is often the case, and complain too much about it and don't show any enthusiasm, just doing what it takes to "get by" it will be remembered by those who worked with you and those you worked for. The opposite is true, enthusiasm, even in a job that maybe you don't particularly care for, will be remembered and rewarded. Maybe not overnight, but in time, it will.

My .02 worth.

I know where Kingairyahoo is coming from. It's good to keep your awareness up, to know where potential jobs are going to be, but to keep turning jobs down - you're just going to burn your bridges. Then once the need finally arises, would these companies that you turned down still be so keen to hire you? I have my doubts.

Latest resources

Back