Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flamebait

Avbug and all interested parties,

I don't see myself as flame bait. I don't think things would be as fun around here without Skyline and others who disagree with the main group theme.

Everything I post are honestly my opinions. A lot of it goes against what most of you are in support of, but I doesn't automatically make it wrong.

I wish I was at liberty to fill in the entire picture for you. I feel obligated to remain a little vague to preserve my peace.

It was two years by the way at Horizon Air. I mistakenly thought I was clear of the training contract and was able to quit almost immediately upon my two year anniversary of my hire date and unknown to me they ran the contract from the first day off IOE. Therefore I owed an extra three months.

Additionally, much of what I post is intended for humor. I guess I need to be more obvious in the future.

I appreciate any comments you my have. No matter the spirit of the message.

Skyline

Skyline said:
DK,

You are such a gentleman. That is what I like best about you.

To answer your questions. I live in Washington State. Aviation jobs just don't pay all that well overall here. Even Lear Captains barely reach 40K. It just isn't enough money.

I have a family of four small sons. For the first time in my adulthood we have a good and peaceful life. During my aggressive pilot days we moved a lot and lived in some bad places to keep the dream alive. A move to the city to make a few thousand more a year wouldn't be worth it.

I don't know if you are married or have a family but it changes things. There are few opportunities here and what there is ain't so good. Employers know it and exploit the situation.

Skyline

You must live in Eastern Washington. 24 / 34K won't even pay rent in the slums of Seattle. Building houses has to bea far better job than flying some "rich guys" King Air. Forget the King Air job and direct all your energy to building homes, you will be a far better and happier man for it. Hell, you might even own your own King Air someday.

I hope I never find myself in the back of an airplane that this guy is flying. His confidence is overwhelming.

People are impressed with your career? Who the CFI at the FBO? I'm sure even he is chuckling when you walk away.

Way to stand up for yourself though. Really amazing.

If I were in your position, I'd get out of aviation all together. There is a point when it's just not worth it, and whoring yourself for 25K, especially with your experience, isn't worth it. I'd go with your backup, if you've got one. Don't put your family through that crap all over again. Flying's great, but to an extent. There's a time when you just put your cards down and pull out. You could make more flippin' burgers on the beach in California, anyway.

Why all the negativity towards garbage men? When I was a kid, my dream job was driving that big garbage truck!

that was my dream too

when i was a kid all i wanted to do was drive the "dempsy dumpster" truck, you know the kind with the forks on the front.

now, all i wanna do is free dental work on whoring low-ball 24k king air pic's.

Latest resources

Back