Job Offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
24K is a lot for your attitude Skyline.

Take the job, consider yourself lucky, and enjoy being a "stooge" for them there rich folk!

what a joke.

Gulfstream

GS 200,

You are quickly becoming one of my biggest fans and best friends. I am glad to see that you are watching my back.

Sincerely;

Skyline

Skyline said:
GS 200,

You are quickly becoming one of my biggest fans and best friends. I am glad to see that you are watching my back.

Sincerely;

Skyline

Gulfstream 200 speaks the truth Skyline. Your attitude and self worth are a joke. No wonder you have gone no where in this industry.

Skyline,
I live just east of you in MT, and have a job flying a King Air 350 (flew 5 WHOLE days this month, 13 hrs. It was tough...) Two owners, strictly Part 91, getting a brand new 350 next month. My salary is MORE than double what they are offering you, and I get bennies on top of that for my self and my family, at no additional expense!! Don't sell out!! When I interviewed for this job, they made a lowball offer. I refused it that time, and a second time as well. Finally, they asked what it would take, and I presented a list of terms and conditions. Some items were industry standard, some weren't. Long story short, they agreed. All it took was some effort on my part to show these guys what they were getting in return, and what would have been a mediocre corporate gig is now what I consider a dream job. Help those cheapskates understand that having to retrain pilots constantly as they keep leaving is MORE expensive than paying you more than slave wages, and you sticking around for a while.

Dk

DK,

Not to correct you but I did go places in this industry, just nowhere I wanted to go. I am considered quite a success by my peers. I also had a positive attitude but time, experience and years of disappointment have changed it a bit. I am not using just my own experiences. I have watched as my friends careers imploded as well. I still like to fly and miss the dream, but I can't fool myself into thinking that it will all work out as I did in my youth. I am glad that you can though.

Skyline

DangerBoy

Dangerboy,

Thanks for the input. I will try as you mentioned, but the last time I stood up and demanded more I was shot down. The highest paid B200 guy in the area makes 39K and that is because he is also an IA and does the maintainence as well.

Skyline

Skyline said:
Dangerboy,

Thanks for the input. I will try as you mentioned, but the last time I stood up and demanded more I was shot down. The highest paid B200 guy in the area makes 39K and that is because he is also an IA and does the maintainence as well.

Skyline

Your numbers just dont add up. You are quoting the pay rates for a light piston twin. Either you live in some sort of black hole or every pilot in that area is nothing more than a whore.

The pay rates are even lower than what those idiots fly for down in Florida. Thats just embarrasing.

Skyline said:
Dangerboy,

Skyline

Skyline,

I'm not a pilot by trade, but the issue you are being presented with is fairly universal. You MUST take pride in yourself, your skills, and your trade. Therefore, the offer should be refused.

If they "shoot you down," then you have lost nothing. Your self-esteem / self-worth is still intact, and you are not working for an employer who would force you to take a practically unlivable wage.

Just my 2 cents...

--Dim

Self Esteem

I don't get your connection with Self Esteem and pay. If I don't take this job then I will have to buy flight time to stay current. It is almost worth is for that reason alone.

Sometimes I think that people get tunnel vision when it comes to pay. Locals don't expect to make more than 40K per year. It's just the norm around here. If I don't do it I am sure they will find someone who would. If the pay was a little higher then I am sure that the guy who is flying it now would move with the job. Even the Hoirizon Air pilots don't make a whole lot more, and believe me it is a much harder job. There is another company nearby that is looking for pilots to fly an aero commander and the pay is close to 25K per year. I would consider it but they are on the road a lot.

Skyline

Latest resources

Back