• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job offer, should I take it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I may have missed it, but how long have you been at your present job? If you just got hired, and got a fresh type rating. I think it would kinda be in bad "taste" to leave. I think you do owe them something.
Now, if you have been there for a few years, I can understand you wanting to leave for something different and new. I know that you have to do what is best for you and your family, just don't burn any bridges. As you know this industry is up and down. Ya never know when you may have to cross that bridge again. Just my .2 cents.

I have been at my preset job for over a year. My CP told me when I was hired that there was no contract; however, he would appreciate (understandably) if I would stay at least 1 year. He also told me that he understands that I am early in my career and he knows that I have to do what is right for me.

Cheers

Take the Global job - you only live once... I fly one and I love it - although the longer trips can be a pain after awhile - at least until the "wow" factor wears off. The Global type is pretty valuable and you will get to fly a great aircraft. I say don't burn any bridges at your current job and then go for it...

Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck.

Last edited:
You're one lucky SOB. Take the GLEX job and run. I'd be one of the happiest men alive to have 2500 hrs and a GLEX job offer going international!

your choice

As much time as you took to type that out neatly, you already know the answer you are just looking for support. Both ways are probably the right decision, just pick the one you desire more.

The salary is fine, they are paying for a very expensive type rating and I would bet you'd get reasonable raises in the future. If not you'll be very marketable in a year or two as a strong FO ready to upgrade at the right time with another company.

You will be away a lot more than your current job, however I would bet you'll get some sort of scheduled time off which compensates for that.

Again, do what your gut tells you and have fun....you are in a great position, don't waste the opportunity if it's what you want.

good luck

I would love to have your problems.

Latest resources

Back