• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Offer, should I take it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks all for the great advise. I truly appreciate it. I think I'll get with the Global guys tomorrow and get to know them. I think I will at least interview with them to see how the job looks.

Good luck all,
daneav8

I will admit it is still a tough call.

My goal for the majors would be SWA; specifically SWA...so I need to obtain the 1300 PIC turbine.

Although the pay increase would be great! I currently get about 10-14 days of a month and don't fly holidays. The Global Express job, I have been told, flys on nearly every holiday, and there is not nearly as much time off.

I guess I need to find out how many hours I would be logging as PIC turbine in the Global X as compared to my present job (250 hrs/yr PIC turb).

daneav8

It's hard to close doors on new opportunities but, even though I don't know you or your particular choices very well, I recommend you stay put.

The reason--PIC time. Don't quit that job without it. Folks will promise a rapid upgrade because they know you want it and they have trouble recruiting (during the good times). Then they don't deliver for a variety of reasons.

Aviation is littered with folks who got caught flat footed and out of work without enough PIC time to land another good job (in the bad times). It happened in the 1990's and again '01-'03. It will happen again and you may not see it coming.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back