Job offer: Chief-Pilot, Xerox

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CP position

Maybe no one there is qualified. Just because someone has been there a long time or is a senior captain doesn't mean they are qualified to be a chief pilot. Maybe ten years ago but not anymore. my 2 cents

hogdriver00 said:
Maybe no one there is qualified. Just because someone has been there a long time or is a senior captain doesn't mean they are qualified to be a chief pilot. Maybe ten years ago but not anymore. my 2 cents
Well said. It's great to have folks that are loyal to the place they work for, but too many pilots think "it's theirs to take" just because they have been there longer than the other guys. That's a good way to get your feelings hurt. It's possible the current group of guys may not have the initiative, skills, or experience to run such a department. The current group might not have performed to the satisfaction of the person who oversees the flight department, they could be looking for someone to come in there with a broom, or like someone else mentioned, this post may be skinning the cat in the form of a courtesy post.

Back to the question at hand, anyone know anything about XEROX?

54fighting said:
Or Hawker F/O...maybe you simply have no clue what you are even talking about...
It's possible, but highly unlikely. If that's the best you can come up with, you should have just kept your mouth shut. Did I hit a little too close to home? Stings, does it? You are obviously one that got passed over for a promotion somewhere assuming it would be yours. Had you preformed better, maybe that would not be the case. That's life, kid. Su#k it up and move on instead of acting like a child.

Last edited:
Well if they do fill it from within, will there be any hiring going on for a new pilot???

Inquiring minds........................:confused:

Rice-

Word on the street is a rotary wing Navy guy wouldn't have a chance.

Hawker F/O- Man got some pent up anger huh....Wrong on all accounts, Pt.91 is a small world. I just thought it was pretty classless to paint a whole department on baseless assumptions, especially some you were coming up with.

54fighting said:
Rice-

Word on the street is a rotary wing Navy guy wouldn't have a chance.

From one Helo Bubba to another, how 'bout a little love????
Don't forget, I know where you live (or at least i know where to find you on the airport):cool: .

Maybe...

1. They ran the ad to meet legal, EEOC, etc. etc. requirements and are filling from within; or...

2. Maybe no one within wants the chief pilot job? Not everyone desires a management position.

Latest resources

Back