Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Computer Geek

Interstate Distributor Co.

Interstate Distributor Co. is a transportation company operating in the Western United States, the Midwest and the East coast. The company's corporate offices are in Tacoma, WA. Interstate Distributor Co. also operates facilities in Oregon, California, Colorado, Kansas, Nevada and Tennessee.

The Company has grown through its commitment to customer service and its desire to continuously improve in all facets of the company. We develop and retain superior employees by creating an outstanding work environment that fosters teamwork, encourages innovation, recognizes individual needs, and excellent performance. CORPORATE PILOT- Tacoma, WA

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft as directed by the Pilot-In-Command and company approved procedures.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Co-Pilot of corporate aircraft transporting Executive Staff, and Customers to various locations nationwide.
Complete pre and post-trip inspections.
Assist Captain as needed with other duties as assigned.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 7500 hours total time, 500 PIC and have flown at least 100 hours in the last 90 days.
Challenger experience.
Posses a current FAA First Class Medical.
Currently hold an ATP commercial fixed-wing pilot license with an instrument rating.
Must have a High School diploma. A graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accrediting organization is preferred, but no required.
Must reside in close proximity to Tacoma, WA.
Must be flexible and available to work weekdays, nights and weekends as required.
Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment handling multiple tasks.
Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Ability to work independently in a team environment displaying a positive professional attitude with Executive Staff and Customers.

Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation benefits and paid holidays.

Contact Information: [email protected]

They have a Challenger 601, N331DC. They operate a two pilot operation, and the guys are gone all the time. The jet is flown something like 98% for non-business reasons, so expect lots of weekends and holidays away from the family.

From what I know about the operator, the perfect person for this job would be someone who loves to fly, hates to be home, and never needs a particular day off.

Isn't that a pretty high experience level they're demanding, for a Challenger co-pilot?

Here is how that conversation will go:

Well Boss, nobody qualified to fly our jet. They are all at the airlines I guess. Let me call my 250 hour nephew, he just got his multi-Comm ticket. I'll bring him up to speed and we'll hire him.

Stearmandriver said:
Isn't that a pretty high experience level they're demanding, for a Challenger co-pilot?

Minimum of 7500 hours total time, 500 PIC and have flown at least 100 hours in the last 90 days.

Will 9 hours in the last 60 days cut it? Too bad because I meet the other two requirements

Unfortunately, I do not qualify. I opted for the plain old ATP AMEL vs. the combo ATP/commercial "fixed-wing" pilot license with the instrument rating. I talked to a lot of friends and peers and most of them said just the plain ol' ATP would cut it for most folks. Again, they steered me wrong. I knew I should have super-sized that thing.

Woo Hoo! I qualify... I have an ATP Multi-Engine land with a Commercial Single Engine land with an Instrument rating... I knew being too lazy to go get my ATP SEL would some day pay off!!!
Dinger said:
Unfortunately, I do not qualify. I opted for the plain old ATP AMEL vs. the combo ATP/commercial "fixed-wing" pilot license with the instrument rating. I talked to a lot of friends and peers and most of them said just the plain ol' ATP would cut it for most folks. Again, they steered me wrong. I knew I should have super-sized that thing.

Latest resources

Back