• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Boards

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was not unusual to call a pilot who sent you a resume and get the answer, "How did you get my name?"
Maybe they have done other forms of networking and want to know which one worked. You could have gotten their name from a personal contact, current employee, recruiter, etc... It doesn't necessarily mean they don't know who they send resumes to.

could be

Maybe they have done other forms of networking and want to know which one worked. You could have gotten their name from a personal contact, current employee, recruiter, etc... It doesn't necessarily mean they don't know who they send resumes to.
I was always polite and apologized for bothering them. But when the resume came from their email address, you would think they knew who they had sent a resume to, wouldn’t you.

I was always polite and apologized for bothering them. But when the resume came from their email address, you would think they knew who they had sent a resume to, wouldn’t you.
I must have misunderstood your initial post. I didn't realize they were annoyed/bothered at your call. I guess it would depend on the inflection of their voice when they said, "How did you get my number." Hence my post. BTW no flame intended on the original. Yes one would think they would know who they sent their resumes too. Cheers.

Latest resources

Back