> Obviosly, you are very good with numbers. And you well know the
cost
> of business, living, and raising a family. In your opinion then,
> given current economic conditions, what is the minimum pay a pilot
> who has a wife and two kids could earn in a year to make ends meet
> in the USA? I'm ABSOLUTELY looking for a numeric value, give or
> take, say, $10,000. We know that people have different concepts of
> what is livable and granted there are other variables in the
> question. But I'm talking in most generic realistic terms here.
What
> is the number, in your opinion?
>
> I'm not asking you to answer it as Jonathan Ornstein, the CEO of
the
> Mesa Air Group. We all know that you can pay an adult professional
> $18,000 a year because, quite frankly, demand dictates that you
> can get away with it. That's business. We all know that. And we all
> know that flying is an "in demand" job. But what do you Jonathan
> Ornstein, the human being, believe is a realistic number to make
> ends meet with a wife and two kids? Do you believe $18,000 is
> realistic? If so, that's ok. I just want to know your
> answer.
>
> Second question, if that number that you have answered is higher
than
> the salary you can pay based on demand, DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT have a
> moral obligation, as CEO, to see that your pilot employees make a
> living wage?
>
> Just curious.
> Eagerly waiting your response.

Should I assume that a pilot, his wife and two children need more to
live on than say a ramper' flight attendant or office worker? Or do
they just eat
less?
--- In
[email protected], "starving1900pilot"
<starving1900pilot@y...> wrote:

Doesn't matter what JO thinks. The pilots thought that was good enough and voted it in.

You guys F'd yourselves.

S.

Beechnut said:
Doesn't matter what JO thinks. The pilots thought that was good enough and voted it in.

You guys F'd yourselves.

S.

That just about sums it up!

Beechnut said:

You guys F'd yourselves.

S.

Well said. I don't want to hear another Mesa pilot complain until this contract is amendable. You guys agreed to this sh!t contract, now live with it until it's time for your next one. Very few in this industry have any sympathy for you anymore, so stop complaining.

Disclaimer: The above does not apply to those of you at Mesa that had the courage to vote NO.

JO doesn't care about anyone but JO. You should have realized that in your negotiations. He just plays better poker than you do. You guys blinked and folded. You can't cry foul when you fold in a poker game.

GCD said:
JO doesn't care about anyone but JO. You should have realized that in your negotiations. He just plays better poker than you do. You guys blinked and folded. You can't cry foul when you fold in a poker game.

I'm looking forward to the day when other companies are hiring and the JO's training costs go through the roof when pilots fly there for a few months and move on. That's the only scenario I'd waste any time at MESA for.

Ziggy1 said:
I'm looking forward to the day when other companies are hiring and the JO's training costs go through the roof when pilots fly there for a few months and move on. That's the only scenario I'd waste any time at MESA for.

With labor costs so low at Mesa, I doubt any other regional will match their hiring for the next several years. Mesa pilots will be working under their contract for a very long time.

Just another quick Thanks to those Mesa pilots who voted it in. Nothing like whoring yourself out and Fu*??ing the rest of us somewhere else trying to BETTER our lives. Guess those college loans will have to wait..along with a house, new car, bills, getting married, having a life, etc... Someone pilot group somewhere needs to take a stand. I'm can go shovel sheeeeet and make 20 grand a year!!!

Thanks to those Mesa guys who had the balls to say no. I appreciate your BACKBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bummer

JO is an incredible business person. He played you pilots and played you good. It is VERY unfortunate you all accepted the contract. And like someone else posted you just made it that much harder for us to be hoping to make any sort of a liveable wage when we get OUR first 121 job. But the market is in there favor for now......Hopefully time will change that and we can actually be proud of the airline we work for.

guys (or should it be tots?).....

since your acting like two year olds whining so much, you need to start licking the boogers from your fingers as you've been picking your nose way too much.

we'll see when contracts come under negotiations how you guys act when your a$$es are on the lines. my guess is we'll have a lot of hypocrites.

Latest resources

Back