• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JO and pilots wages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a question for boo. You say the contract/TA has increases in every area. But I have heard that the minimum days off actually DROPPED to 8. What is the truth here? I'm not going after you. It's just an honest question.

The minimum days off for a reserve line were 8 before the new contract and they are 8 now. The minimum days off for a line was 9 under the old contract and is now 10 under the new contract.

min days off for a reserve pilot are 8 PER BID. we have a 28-day bid which equals 13 bids per year or 8.66 days off per month.

lineholders get ten days or 11 per month.

Wow...8.66 days off per month..what will you do with all that time... probably real easy to keep a healthy relationship together with a significant other, but then again that sort of thing is not important for 75% of the pilots who voted YES.

Hey, but mesa gets to fly jets...whooppeeee.

The spouses of pilots have to be very understanding, but 8.66 days off is a little much to ask. God forbid if you commute.

Good luck to you all. Enjoy your 8.66 days off.

jetdriven said:
min days off for a reserve pilot are 8 PER BID. we have a 28-day bid which equals 13 bids per year or 8.66 days off per month.

Wow, really??? That's a whole lot better than only having 8 days off. Give me a break.

For a clue as to why the situation is the way it is you have to look real hard at where Mesa get their pilots from. The better regionals like ACA, AWA, and SkyWest for example do not have too many programs like MAPD, PACE, or other Mesa style deals that put low time inexperienced pilots in the right seat. If these guys had been around the industry for a while they would be less willing to sell their soul. A lot of these guys are saying "whoopee, no more renting the 172 or the Duchess, I actually get paid to fly." The rest of us that flew 135 for a couple of thousand hours before we made it to a regional look at things a bit differently.

Don't be so hard on these guys. Many of them simply don't know any better.

embdrvr,

please watch out as the pedestal you were on has fallen out from under your feet. did you by chance goto embry riddle?

I HATE to even mention it but it would not be too hard to concieve that PFT might come back GOD FORBID.

When times are tough it is a TEST for CHARACTER........

its closer to 9. compare apples to apples. PLus this is only reserve pilots. line holders get 10, which is closer to 11 per month. not far off from AIRWIS who gets 12 days off per month. WOW a whole 12 more days off per year.

you guys are making more of this than it really is. Our 70 seat rates arent far from AIRWIS's newly signed 70 seat rates.

CitationLover said:
embdrvr,

please watch out as the pedestal you were on has fallen out from under your feet. did you by chance goto embry riddle?

I don't think you know WTF you're talking about. Embry Riddle? Give me a break a$$hole. I never had that kind of money. It was public college all the way for me. I did my ratings at local FBO's while I worked a real job outside aviation. I instructed, did a bit of corporate flying and a bunch of 135 freight. I've paid my dues so don't give me any crap about a pedestal unless you'd like that pedestal inserted (content deleted to avoid offending younger viewers).

Read my post. All I'm saying is that pilots that come out of those programs without any real world flying, life, or work experience are far more likely to vote in $hit contracts like the one just voted in by Mesa.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back