• Watchers 3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
satpak77 said:
Peter Lynch does not have a TV show, Warren Buffet does not have a TV show, Paul Tudor Jones does not have TV show, the Hunt family does not have a TV show

if you were to "model yourself" after the top investors in the world, do NOT get a TV show nor follow anyone who does

FYI

What about Louis Rukeyser or Gary B. Smith?
Cramer's show just started, for Pete's sake. He made me 150K on LEAPs when he announced Google was going to 300 (from 250) in July. She's at 320 right now. Better than real estate in SAN.

Last edited:
miles otoole said:
What about Louis Rukeyser or Gary B. Smith?
Cramer's show just started, for Pete's sake. He made me 150K on LEAPs when he announced Google was going to 300 (from 250) in July. She's at 320 right now. Better than real estate in SAN.

Cramer's "show" just got started but he has been on CNBC for many years now. Cramer, nor anyone else, can predict that GOOG "is going to ____" or anything else.

He didn't make you anything, you yourself responded to Cramer's tips, believing them to be correct and solid, and coincidently he was correct that time, your profits now give "credibility" to Cramer since "he was right"

as214 said:
I watch him for entertainment value only. I have been trading for four years now and have made money every year doing it. I have made money shorting Cramers picks after the initial runup !! Easy money and entertaining!!

Amen to that. Cramer is the short of the century. Check out NL which he was pumping a couple of weeks ago. Gapped open, and filled the gap a couple of days later. He must be long JBLU. Pump and Dump!!

as214 said:
Yeah that's true in regard to what he said. Maybe he just was analyzing Major carriers. He missed SKYW which is currently undervalued and has been trending up since July even in the face of high-energy costs. He fuc*ed up putting JBLU as his best of breed ahead of LUV also!!

I fail to se why a company like SKYW which is so intricately involved with DAL would be anyones best pick at the moment. It has nothing to do with SKYW and everything to do with DAL.

SKYW is up 8% today!! I posted about SKYW yesterday before this big move. Recently Cramer was called in the lighting round about SKYW and said to sell!! ATRCA I cant answer the question about the relationship between DAL and SKYW as I am not too familiar with it!! But this I do know, even with this 8 percent move up today SKYW is still undervalued!! I never trade or invest in airline stocks but if I did SKYW would be it. Not JBLU!! Before SKYW made its uptrend 3 months earlier it had a price to earnings ratio of 10!! Compare that with JBLU's today of 46!!

the entire market is mostly up today. Airline stocks are uplifted by the rising thermals of the overall market. The airline sector also got helped by falling oil prices, which broke the magic $60 mark today.

This is not a specific Skywest thing

satpak77 said:
the entire market is mostly up today. Airline stocks are uplifted by the rising thermals of the overall market. The airline sector also got helped by falling oil prices, which broke the magic $60 mark today.

This is not a specific Skywest thing

Yes it is!! Why arent the other airlines up 9 percent then either? SKYW is in pre-earnings rally mode because the street sees them easily beating their quarterly estimates!! Even if oil was up today SKYW would still be up 5-6%!!

as214 said:
Yes it is!! Why arent the other airlines up 9 percent then either? SKYW is in pre-earnings rally mode because the street sees them easily beating their quarterly estimates!! Even if oil was up today SKYW would still be up 5-6%!!

ok well maybe it is. Fact is, I don't know. HOWEVER, some stocks go up "faster" than others due to shares outstanding. So when Big Mutual Fund XYZ's trading director tells the computer to "buy a 2% position in all airlines today", the ones with say 36 million shares outstanding will shoot up much faster (responding to the buying pressure) than another one with 780 M shares.

just FYI

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/ownership/ownership.asp?Symbol=LUV

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/ownership/ownership.asp?Symbol=SKYW

satpak77 said:
ok well maybe it is. Fact is, I don't know. HOWEVER, some stocks go up "faster" than others due to shares outstanding. So when Big Mutual Fund XYZ's trading director tells the computer to "buy a 2% position in all airlines today", the ones with say 36 million shares outstanding will shoot up much faster (responding to the buying pressure) than another one with 780 M shares.

just FYI

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/ownership/ownership.asp?Symbol=LUV

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/invsub/ownership/ownership.asp?Symbol=SKYW

Holy sh*t!! LUV has 780 million shares outstanding. No wonder why that pig hasnt gone anywhere in 5 years!!

Latest resources

Back